PDA

View Full Version : DANG IT !!! We got shut out AGAIN !!!

tri5ron
11-29-2009, 12:01 AM
Man I'll tell ya,...
If I get ahold of the local weatherman,
There going to be some SERIOUS @$$ Whoopin goin' on !!

Thanksgiving day was 74 degrees here, and 66 degrees in the high desert where we normally go riding.

Last night I loaded up my wife and daughters quads into the trailer, as well as my son's "new" quad.
We were going to just go out for the day, to get a little seat time in for Nickolas to ride his quad for the first time. (this is our 2nd attempt to get out, and get his first ride in). The first time was a few weeks ago, but the terrain was not "Nickolas friendly", so we didn't get him on the seat for more than 2 minutes, and it was done. So today, we were going to give it another shot.

We headed up to the large Dry lakebed, (about 90 miles away), where we would have wide open, flat, level, ground to work with, and he could concentrate on the functions of the quad without interuptions.

I even left my quad home so that I could concentrate on him, and work on the basics of riding.
I had brought about 10 orange traffic cones, and was going to use them to teach Nickolas how to turn, stop, and safely avoid obstacles.

We got halfway to the dry lake and as luck would have it, A dang cold front had moved in overnight, and dropped the temps down into the low 40's, then rain and snow. No way we could get out on the lakebed with it being wet and slippery, so we had to scrap this attempt for his "first" ride too, turn around and come back home. We never even got the quads off-loaded from the trailer !

I'm freegin' PIZZED !
It's all the weatherman's fault !
And when I get my hands on him, he's gonna PAY !!!

I mean, WTF ???
You give me tee-shirt weather yesterday,.... and SNOW, SLEET, AND RAIN TODAY ???

It just ain't right !!!
My boy deserve's to ride !

gcart2
11-29-2009, 07:03 AM
Yea thats no fun...

move to florida, the land is all flat lol.

O well, all things happen for a reason, maybe he wasnt supposed to ride those days. theres always next time.

dan harris
11-30-2009, 09:09 AM
must not of wanted to ride that bad!

UNBROKEN
11-30-2009, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by dan harris
must not of wanted to ride that bad!

haha u say that but still close breezewood down for the winter :p

csr250r
11-30-2009, 09:09 PM
If you dont like that weather than dont move to south dakota, t shirt one day, snow plows the next.

MX450
11-30-2009, 09:20 PM
dam that global warming

dan harris
12-01-2009, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by UNBROKEN
haha u say that but still close breezewood down for the winter :p

9 months of 7 days a week, you'd close for a break too.