PDA

View Full Version : Checking Interest: New Nor Cal XC series

ADTR14
11-28-2009, 05:56 PM
Figured this would get a little more attention here. Mods if I need to move it let me know.

Anyways if you live in Nor Cal you probably know that your options for racing an ATV are pretty slim, basically one or two small MX sereies that I know of and thats it. I am not aware of any cross country series in the area. This causes people like myself as well as other racers to have to look out of our local area. Yes there is WORCS but only Honey Lake could be considered "local" and there are District 37 and 38 desert/cross country events in So Cal but they can be a pretty long drive.

So this got me thinking about how dirtbikers have so many more options than us, that maybe just maybe we could attach quad racing to an already existing series. This is where District-36 comes into play, specifically the MSR Western Regional Cross Country Series. From the races I've watched and what I have read the races appear to be very similar to how WORCS is set up. I won't go into great detail but check their website for more info www.ama-d36.org

By no means is this a sure thing but after talking to a couple of D-36 representatives they are atleast willing to hear me out and consider this topic.

What I want to know is if any of you would be interested in a race series like this?
If you do like this idea, are you willing to be proactive about creating a new series and voice your interest?

I plan on attending a D-36 meeting Dec. 16 to meet some of the representatives as well as club members to discuss this topic in greater detail. If anyone is willing, please come to this meeting! The more interest we show the better!

BlaineKaiser450
11-28-2009, 09:56 PM
I might be able to do some of the races if they dont conflict with Quadcross and i could use my mx quad haha

ADTR14
11-29-2009, 10:52 AM
Well from the races I've seen they have an offroad section and utilize a mx track as part of the course as well. (an example would be Hangtown) So yea I'm figuring a set up similar to what WORCS riders run, so you would just need taller tires.

BlaineKaiser450
11-29-2009, 05:41 PM
youll have more luck on www.nor-calatv.com