PDA

View Full Version : help...

Bigkyle111
11-28-2009, 09:56 AM
I have and 06 LTR 450. had it about 4 months now running great.. in the past week i have been having some type of motor problems. i left my key on one night being stupid and the battery is completely dead, so i havent had time to get a new one so ive been popping the clutch on hills to get it going. since ive been doing that. when i give it thottle on the track it just sounds like its being flooded out or miss firing. no smoke or sparks so i rulled out whole in the piston, from the cherry bomb. it will run but as sooon as you give it any gas it starts dying off and choking off... im not sharp on efi so i need some help... anything will help in desperate haha

Scro
11-28-2009, 10:17 AM
I think you need a good battery for the EFI to work correctly.

kfx400rider03
11-28-2009, 02:11 PM
thats what i thought scro.
but then also thought what about when u do the kick start kit and remove the battery they run fine then

big kyle does it do it when the quad back tires are off the ground or all the time???

Jackson723
11-28-2009, 02:54 PM
Mine started acting like that after a rebuild. Come to find out a wire going to the cherry bomb was broken. Ran like crap at loretta's. :(

416exfreak
11-28-2009, 03:01 PM
Without a hot battery, your fuel pump can't run and supply the proper fuel pressure, much the same as your ignition coil can't send the proper spark to the plug.

Either get a new battery, or charge the one you have.

quad2xtreme
11-28-2009, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Bigkyle111
I have and 06 LTR 450. had it about 4 months now running great.. in the past week i have been having some type of motor problems. i left my key on one night being stupid and the battery is completely dead, so i havent had time to get a new one so ive been popping the clutch on hills to get it going. since ive been doing that. when i give it thottle on the track it just sounds like its being flooded out or miss firing. no smoke or sparks so i rulled out whole in the piston, from the cherry bomb. it will run but as sooon as you give it any gas it starts dying off and choking off... im not sharp on efi so i need some help... anything will help in desperate haha

So, you had an LTR for 4 months and it has been running great...until after one night when you left the key on and the battery went dead?

Sounds like you need to find a job so you can resolve the obvious.