PDA

View Full Version : got a question about the fuel injection:

yamaha_maniack
11-27-2009, 02:27 PM
Hey guys,

i dont know as much about the fuel injection as i do about the regular carburetors, so my question is:

Will i ever need to adjust the fuel mixture settings, or anything like that with my fuel injection?

Thanks!

JR3
11-27-2009, 02:45 PM
if you put an exhaust system or anything that will increase the airflow/performance of the bike. you have to buy one of those fule controllers in that case.

yamaha_maniack
11-27-2009, 05:58 PM
alright thanks... how much are those and where can i get one? is it mandatory that i have one if i buy an exhaust? will it mess up my quad if i dont buy one and i get an aftermarket exhaust?
Thanks

BakerRacing40
11-28-2009, 12:52 AM
You need to buy the controller if you do any exhaust or intake mods. All bikes are sold running lean to make the hippies happy. Air flow mods make it run even leaner and could burn up your piston. Also with out the controller your not taking full advantage of the parts you've bought. I know you can get a gytr one from yamaha, not sure what brand is best but I know they are not cheap at all

yamaha_maniack
11-28-2009, 11:26 PM
Alright thanks man! When I get a pipe ill have to get one... Looks like I'll be riding stock for a while..
Does anyone know how much I can get one for? Thanks

#17YFZRACER
11-29-2009, 03:43 PM
bout 350. if your just starting out racing you dont need to worry about the motor right now. thats what alot of the people just starting think there go to move should be. motors do not win races till you ride A or higher generally. its 90% rider. all you need is a capable motor and the stock r motor is up to any C class race as is. if you want motor the most i would say is get a pipe fuel controller and filter. you need to get the suspension first. you dont want a really fast motor in a chassis thats not up to it. that will make you learn bad riding habits. get some arms and front shocks and a new link for the rear. and tires and rims obviously. if you learn on a quad that handles really good it will help you progress faster with more confidence and better results along the way. so do that first and as you progress get more motor little at a time. that will really help imo and im sure others that have raced a while can back me up on this

yamaha_maniack
11-29-2009, 10:30 PM
yeah man, i am just asking for future reference.. i am definitely going to do chassis far before motor. i just want to know now instead of just doing it without thinking much and blowing my motor.
Thanks for all the input!

I am still just working on the stuff i need to be able to race "legally" (quad and rider requirements).

Thanks again guys