PDA

View Full Version : Went out to buy a kitchen table....

derekhonda
11-27-2009, 02:10 PM
Came home with this instead. Probably get more use out of it anyways.

derekhonda
11-27-2009, 02:10 PM
best shooting game in the 90's, you guys have probably played it. "area 51/maximum force"

derekhonda
11-27-2009, 02:11 PM
I love not having a girl to decorate my house how "she" wants it.

yellowzo3
11-27-2009, 02:39 PM
lmao.... kitchen tables are expensive anyway... we went looking at them about a week ago and I can't figure out why they're like an average of 5 grand... thats not for anything super crazy either... just a decent table and 5 chairs.

JR3
11-27-2009, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by yellowzo3
lmao.... kitchen tables are expensive anyway... we went looking at them about a week ago and I can't figure out why they're like an average of 5 grand... thats not for anything super crazy either... just a decent table and 5 chairs.

for real? im a sanataion worker and throw sets out ona daily basis.

yellowzo3
11-27-2009, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by JR3
for real? im a sanataion worker and throw sets out ona daily basis.

Yup! I'm sure you've thrown out a few nice pieces of furniture lol... People figure its more work to put it on ebay or craigslist than it is to put in the street and call the town I guess.

I mean, if the tables you're picking up are smashed, rotted, or just plain broken they may be worth pennies, but even the simplest set of table and chairs was around $3,000 at the store so I'm sure with a little refinishing and repair you'd end up with a nice setup once in a while.

Granted, they were all real wood and such in the store...but I'm sure you throw out quality tables, no doubt. Some people don't know what they have.

Are you guys allowed to keep stuff you pick up? I have a few friends that work for the town but never remembered to ask them.

JR3
11-27-2009, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by yellowzo3
Yup! I'm sure you've thrown out a few nice pieces of furniture lol... People figure its more work to put it on ebay or craigslist than it is to put in the street and call the town I guess.

I mean, if the tables you're picking up are smashed, rotted, or just plain broken they may be worth pennies, but even the simplest set of table and chairs was around $3,000 at the store so I'm sure with a little refinishing and repair you'd end up with a nice setup once in a while.

Granted, they were all real wood and such in the store...but I'm sure you throw out quality tables, no doubt. Some people don't know what they have.

Are you guys allowed to keep stuff you pick up? I have a few friends that work for the town but never remembered to ask them.

yup the township i work for u can basically do whatever u want which is good i make decent money off of scrap. but other townships and waste management and private waste pick ups are strict and u cant keep anything and they fire people very often

631kfx400
11-27-2009, 06:40 PM
just eat while you play. kitchen table/ snipin *itches

ATV Chic
11-28-2009, 07:03 PM
that's way cooler than our kitchen table:p we actually got ours at macy's. it was around 1500 bux and is actually wood lol not just pressed sawdust :scary: