PDA

View Full Version : non starting LT 80

alex2oo9
11-27-2009, 12:05 PM
hi there, i recently picked up a lt80, i bought it as a non starter.

here what happens,

when i hit the starter button, it tries its best to fire up,makes all the right noises etc

but i think its got a little water in it, as i had the plug out and what seems to be dirty water on the plug.

if it is then the water is obviously weakening my spark??causing it not to go? any help would be appreciated

LT80
11-28-2009, 08:12 AM
Put fresh gas in it.
Clean the carb.
Check the compression.

AUSSIE80
11-30-2009, 12:30 AM
Mate,do as lt80 says, his advice is always relevant to all questions asked and he dosen't piss in ya pocket like some of the supposed experts do. Make sure you drain the tank and let it dry out, and when you put new fuel in put in a capfull of metho, it is hydroscopic and will absorb water and then burn. If water has been in bore it may have worn hardening of rings, pitted bore,scoring, but if ya lucky squirt wd 40 in and leave sit for a while this may remove surface rust and is still flammable enough to ignite on start up. Also water has a tendecy to sitand block small holes/orifices so when you do your carby blow out fuel lines and fuel tap

alex2oo9
11-30-2009, 11:59 AM
well i got it to eventually run, sprayed WD-40 into plug hole, but when i went to test it the power wasnt really there.

then it cut out and wouldent go again lol

but at least i know it goes

i think i may have the petrol pipes on the wrong way, anybody able to explain what ones go where?

LT80
12-02-2009, 07:05 AM
Hole closest to the motor is the vaccum for the petcock.
Middle is the fuel supply.
Front is the vent.