PDA

View Full Version : 08 Outlaw IRS

Chet
11-26-2009, 09:05 AM
has anyone ever come across the issue of the shifter too far away from the peg. seems a bit far away compared to my Honda 400ex

Chet

ps what engine oil is being used, we are going to use Rotella 5-40 synthetic any opinions

U1arunit
11-26-2009, 10:09 AM
Yep the stock shifter is too far away. Lots of guys run the Pit Posse shifter. Do a search for the info on this.

5w40 syn or 15w40 dino Rotella both work well.

Chet
11-26-2009, 02:31 PM
well we just came back from our first ride, I own the Honda 400EX, my buddy had his stolen last month and he got a great deal on a 08 525 IRS model, I rode the bike for awhile, it is a smoother ride, has good Fox shocks I like the bike myself, a few things are hard to get used too, one is the shifter length, will check out the Pit posse model, and the hydraulic clutch seems hard to get the hang of, it grabs all the way out, is there any way to get it to grab just off engagement rather than the last 1/2" and did I say excellent power....

Chet

U1arunit
11-26-2009, 05:43 PM
Glad that you like the power.

I use a Rekluse clutch but I seem to remember it grabbing in the middle on mine? I do not think the take up point is adjustable.

SSJEFF
12-02-2009, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by Chet
well we just came back from our first ride, I own the Honda 400EX, my buddy had his stolen last month and he got a great deal on a 08 525 IRS model, I rode the bike for awhile, it is a smoother ride, has good Fox shocks I like the bike myself, a few things are hard to get used too, one is the shifter length, will check out the Pit posse model, and the hydraulic clutch seems hard to get the hang of, it grabs all the way out, is there any way to get it to grab just off engagement rather than the last 1/2" and did I say excellent power....

Chet

Adjust the red nob on the clutch lever and you should be able to get it closer to the bar.