PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Lt-z50 mods

rap169
11-26-2009, 09:03 AM
just picked one up and wondering what mods can be done to these machines? Clutch, restricter, exhaust? Anybody have any links?

triple b
12-02-2009, 10:03 AM
They are very restricted from factory.....but that is ok....it is for the kids.

If you have time there are over 1200 post on how to make these things run better.

I have scaned the posts and the bottom line is

Free Mods
1) Remove the clutch speed limiter spacer (See Manual)
2) Pull the exhust tip.....leaving the sparky

Cash Mods
1) Exhaust system
2) Air cleaner
3) LT-Z90 CDI or Aftermarket CDI
4) Thinner cylinder base gasket
5) 48 tooth sprocket

Big Buck Mod
1) Racing clutch kit

Hemi636
12-07-2009, 07:48 PM
As stated above, remove the clutch /restrictor spacer
- while your in there remove three of the six roller weights (every other one to keep it balanced)
-Best mod is to get a Dynatek CDI -about $200 but well worth it
If you just want some extra power, these will help you out.
The LTZ is a great quad for a new rider with it's small brake handles, and reliability. It will never have "big power", and the suspension is lacking.
You might want to check Ebay for wheel spacers to widen the stance for safety, they seemed to help, and were fairly inexpnsive.
-When my son wanted to race, and was only 5 years old, we went to the local track with our Z-50. He got whooped by all the DRR, Cobra, and Eton models at the track. Luckily there was a newer 4 stroke Polaris that he was able to race against every week. The two of them always finished last or second to last about a lap behind the other quads, but they had fun and met lots of new friends.

nordic quad
12-08-2009, 08:58 AM
Money mods.

rap169
12-08-2009, 10:28 AM
yeah im gonna get her started with this. if she likes it enough to try and race the next one i buy will just be a race quad. those little things rip. prob fast enough for me...lol

jplltz50
02-07-2010, 09:26 AM
this is what i did to my sons before we went to a drr 50

widened 3 inches. take the rear rims and tires and move them to the front, take the right front and put it on the left rear, valve stem in and left front on right rear valve stem in then by 1.5 inch spacers of ebay for rear 30.00 bucks

tires. polaris predator 50 duro 16 x 6.5 -7 front
16 x 8 - 7 rear
look like holeshots

motor fmf powercore pipe
shaved head .020
3 rollers removed from clutch
jetted carb with k&n filter forgot jet size
ltz90 cdi
synthetic oil in motor and trans

this thing rips compared to stock and is more stable. my son raced it when he was 4 he is 6 now and this combo is still together and bullet proof. its a play woods bike now, it will go through mud and up some pretty good hills, donuts etc let me know if you want pics of it widened give me an email address.

Quad18star
02-07-2010, 09:56 AM
*** PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES OR FORUMS, THANKS***