PDA

View Full Version : is this a scam?

fasterblaster09
11-26-2009, 08:35 AM
Hello I was wondering about the 4-wheeler. I am in desperate need of a 4-wheeler
for my wife as a christmas present. I am stationed at fort polk. I am unable to
finance a 4-wheeler through a dealership but i was wondering if you could find
it in your heart to do an owner finance and accept $100-200 down and $300 a
month until paid off. I also have an indash DVD/Navigation system I could part
with if absolutely needed. I may be able to pay it off in only a couple months
depending on my taxes. I am willing to complete a promissory note or what ever
you would require as well as carry insurance and ask that you hold the tiltle
until paid in full. Please let me know either way. Thanks so much in advance.
Josh
337-353-7158
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
it was typed it paragraph form- just on here I don't know what it pasted like that, and the number he gave is same area code as me, what do yall think??

Tommy Warren
11-26-2009, 09:24 AM
It just means he has bad credit and now he wants to screw you over too. I'm sure his wife would love a quad for x-mas :rolleyes:

GE4x4
11-26-2009, 09:39 AM
Just tell him you will do it, but he only gets the quad when it's paid off.

KXRida
11-26-2009, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by GE4x4
Just tell him you will do it, but he only gets the quad when it's paid off.

That's what I would do.

He may or may not be a good guy, but you have to protect both you and him.

Wills77
11-26-2009, 09:51 AM
get something as collateral. title to a vehicle or quad that he has.
ive tried to make deals like that before even offering the title to my 06 chevy silverado as collateral because im only 19 so i dont have any credit built up to finance and i work full time making good money but i dont show any income. i offered someone $1000 a month for a quad until it was payed off but they turned it down. you could even ask for names and numbers of his family or friends and give them a call to see what kind of guy he is.
theres a company around here called rimco that does 90 days same as cash for rims and tires without any kind of credit check. they just call your references and have a bunch of paper work saying if you dont pay they will come take the product back.

Haulinbass
11-26-2009, 10:00 AM
I was brought up to belive that if you cant pay cash for a toy you cant afford it, payments are for houses and cars(i still payed cash for my truck).
If you want to do it get a key to his truck, his house, and possibly the title to his truck as well, if you yourself are trustworthy and hes honest he should have no problem with this.

fasterblaster09
11-27-2009, 07:20 AM
I was texting him yesterday, and he e wants to throw in a 6.5" in-dash dvd/navigation touch screen system, he said it is 5 months old, and on amazon they sell for $899. He wants to have a legal print out a promisary note and come meet me and we have it notarized (he lives on a base about 2 hours away). I will tell him I will need collateral of some sort. He said he has a 660 and he wants something for his wife. SO he wants to give me 1800 and the dvd/navigation system. idk I will email him or somethin in a few min.

Ruby Soho
11-27-2009, 08:23 AM
avoid it.

do you really want to deal with the hassle of payments? wouldn't you rather have all the money when you sell it?

its a scam.

MX450
11-27-2009, 08:38 AM
NO WAY in hell would i take payments from a stranger, i dont care what was printed up, signed, notorized, whatever, you will probly get screwed. just find someone with CASH to buy your quad, that is all i will ever take!

Langbolt
11-27-2009, 10:32 AM
In GOD we trust......All the rest PAY Ca$h

:devil:

Haulinbass
11-27-2009, 10:35 AM
wait did you say hes on a base, so hes military?

fasterblaster09
11-27-2009, 04:07 PM
yes he is in the military. I decided not to get rid of it, I rode it yesterday for the first time, and man is this thing some fun. I will keep it until around taxes and if I still want to sell it, I will try then