PDA

View Full Version : front brakes... dont work

monkeydude36020
11-25-2009, 10:39 PM
Wel it runs now but thats not a whole lot of good if it wont stop :huh

Right now it has no rear brakes whatsoever and the front brakes were shot, so I got new pads, installed them and lost alot of fluid when I removed the lines... I simply had to to the get pistons to go in. Now the front brakes are completely locked up, especially the right side, and Ive bleed it every way I know how and it wont build any pressure at all. help! what am I doing wrong?

honda400ex2003
11-26-2009, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by monkeydude36020
Wel it runs now but thats not a whole lot of good if it wont stop :huh

installed them and lost alot of fluid when I removed the lines... I simply had to to the get pistons to go in. you should be able to take the reservior off and get it all back into that so you dont have to disconnect the lines. i would get a tool to bleed them out i guess, brakes are no fun at all. steve

gt400ex
11-26-2009, 12:26 AM
Yea you could have just taken the cap off and pushed them in that way, then you wouldnt need to bleed them. Make sure to take the rubber boot out also, that stays with the lid, I found out the hard way the last time I bleed mine. My helper didnt know any better lol.

slightlybent47
11-26-2009, 12:47 AM
I have always just used a socket and a pair of channel locks and just push the plunger in and drop in the new pads and put it back together. I never have to bleed anything and it only takes 10 minuets from start to finish.

monkeydude36020
11-26-2009, 08:48 AM
Well I tried to clamp the lines so i wouldnt have to take off the cam... cause the screwes were messed up, but it didnt work. So I ended up back at the honda show getting new screws.

Anyways how does the bleeder tool work and where can get one?

honda400ex2003
11-26-2009, 10:30 AM
i think they just suck the fluid through without pumping it. i am not really sure though. heres the link,

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=283110&store=Main&catId=&productId=p283110&leafCatId=&mmyId=

there are a few more that are really nice looking too if you just go to the search and type bleeder that is how i found this one. Some of them are like $100:eek2: steve

katch26
11-27-2009, 12:27 PM
you have to get like a dremel tool and cut notches in the screws then use a flathead to take them out and just replace them. Its a pain when theyre stripped.

monkeydude36020
11-27-2009, 03:04 PM
yeah i ended up drilling out the entire screw then taking the cap off and the rest of them twisted right out...