PDA

View Full Version : Outlaw irs flat track

al capone
11-25-2009, 08:42 PM
I have an 08 irs and i was wanting to do a little flat track. I was wondering if it would be do able with irs or just not even a thought. i would like some ideas on set up if anyone has seen or heard of this.

ZsPred
11-26-2009, 02:20 AM
A friend of mine did some flat track/super-moto racing with a 500 Outlaw IRS and pretty much dominated. It was just about all stock except for reworked shocks and Polaris off the shelf bolt ons with sway bars front and rear and tires.

Chris

sheriff525
11-26-2009, 02:22 PM
I hear sonic has an awsome sway bar for the rear. Look into them, they are a sponsor here too.

al capone
11-26-2009, 04:47 PM
Thanks keep the info coming.

O **** i see usmc in a sig. I am a former devil myself 3/6 - 2nd aav bn

sheriff525
11-26-2009, 11:32 PM
If you going to upgrade your suspension you can always get the shocks cut down a little bit to lower the ride hight. I know I have heard of people doing it with FOX shocks.

If you are doing the IRS and you want to make your Air intake better you can always add a straight pipe to get ride of the restricting intake boot that the irs has. I will see if I can dig up a picture. It makes the outlaw really snappy.

somewon
11-27-2009, 10:48 AM
I've raced mine in a couple flat track races for fun.

The nice thing I noticed about IRS is i could stiffen my outside shocks and soften my inside to get some nice "lean" out of the machine. This is only good on circle track though.

On the rodeo's I've competed in it was better for me to run my shocks turned way down and my tires (knobbies) with a lot of air (15 psi or so) this let me slide very easy and keep a lot of stability and control. This got me a 1st place in the 25 and older class and 4th in pro stock (my machine was stock at the time, difference between 1st and 5th was 0.3 sec)

keep in mind i'm running stock suspension and factory stabilizer. if your gonna spend money on anything #1 is tires, unless they have a knobby class. In the syrup (on concrete) and compacted dirt circle tracks I've done I was drifting 3/4 of the track due to tires. It looked cool and was a ton of fun, but not the most competitive unless you can put that power to the ground.

SSJEFF
12-02-2009, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by somewon
I've raced mine in a couple flat track races for fun.

The nice thing I noticed about IRS is i could stiffen my outside shocks and soften my inside to get some nice "lean" out of the machine. This is only good on circle track though.

On the rodeo's I've competed in it was better for me to run my shocks turned way down and my tires (knobbies) with a lot of air (15 psi or so) this let me slide very easy and keep a lot of stability and control. This got me a 1st place in the 25 and older class and 4th in pro stock (my machine was stock at the time, difference between 1st and 5th was 0.3 sec)

keep in mind i'm running stock suspension and factory stabilizer. if your gonna spend money on anything #1 is tires, unless they have a knobby class. In the syrup (on concrete) and compacted dirt circle tracks I've done I was drifting 3/4 of the track due to tires. It looked cool and was a ton of fun, but not the most competitive unless you can put that power to the ground.

That sounds like FUN@#!

sheriff525
12-02-2009, 09:49 AM
JEFF....Your back...where have you been. Some say you went to the big house. Others say you got in an accident. Some also said you were H1N1 infected. WHAT HAPPENED?

SSJEFF
12-02-2009, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by sheriff525
JEFF....Your back...where have you been. Some say you went to the big house. Others say you got in an accident. Some also said you were H1N1 infected. WHAT HAPPENED?

lets just say there are some issues, I am ok though and was never really gone.