PDA

View Full Version : AHHHHH what to get???

R-Crazy
01-17-2003, 06:11 PM
i plan on racing MX and have no clue on what to build. I either want a dale and deck it out, a R and deck it out, or a CRF/YZF quad. Or maybe even a CR250 quad. what would be best and cheapest. i really want useable power, but gobbs and gobbs of it, and superb handling. Basically what would be the IDEAL quad for MX? Money is not a factor (but the more it costs, the longer it will take to build). I need some opinions. thanks

dave

bluebaron
01-17-2003, 07:02 PM
i say a crf

cdalejef
01-17-2003, 07:59 PM
If money is no object, any of those quads will flat out rip!!! Just pick your favorite color!:cool:

killed300ex
01-17-2003, 08:19 PM
i think a cdale would be the least expensive and if you get the moto its ready out of the crate ad you can mod it as you wnat and as you have the money
killed

stocktires
01-17-2003, 08:28 PM
I'd say a lrd framed/ roll chassis parts/ pep suspended/ and esr motored R would do you just fine!

Glow Plug
01-17-2003, 08:34 PM
Well money no object put em i a circle and then spin around and then stop
there you go easy choice

MrP
01-17-2003, 08:38 PM
If money was no object..........I would get one of each.

If money is an object..........Cannondale.

Nausty
01-18-2003, 01:03 AM
imo though if you get a cannondale and think you'll change some stuff don't get the moto because you paying alot of extra money for the shocks and stuff and if you gonna replace is then it was a waste. I'd start with a speed if it was a cannondale and build it up. But if I had to choose out of those 3 I would pick the crf or yzf.

MxDale71
01-18-2003, 11:13 AM
Starting with a Speed would be a waist of money too. Every advantage the Speed has over the Cannibal (shocks, tires, handle bars, seat cover, etc.) isn't up to par with MX either (with the exception of the seat cover and handlebars). So if you set up a Speed for MX, you would pretty muchly be spending an extra $1000 for handle bars and a seat cover.

I would start with a Cannibal, buy a lonestar +4 axle, Houser +3 a-arms, Elka SSD's all around, Hyper tech wheels all around, Razr MX's, AC Nerfs, Sparks exhaust, moto mapping, quad tech seat cover, TAG or Pro Taper handle bars, Carbon fiber headlight delete covers, steel braided brake lines all around, steering stabalizer, shave the fenders, and polish up that frame, and you would have a BAD @SS Dale.

Hehe, thats what I'm hoping to have mine set up like one day. :D

stocktires
01-18-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by MxDale71
Starting with a Speed would be a waist of money too. Every advantage the Speed has over the Cannibal (shocks, tires, handle bars, seat cover, etc.) isn't up to par with MX either (with the exception of the seat cover and handlebars). So if you set up a Speed for MX, you would pretty muchly be spending an extra $1000 for handle bars and a seat cover.

I would start with a Cannibal, buy a lonestar +4 axle, Houser +3 a-arms, Elka SSD's all around, Hyper tech wheels all around, Razr MX's, AC Nerfs, Sparks exhaust, moto mapping, quad tech seat cover, TAG or Pro Taper handle bars, Carbon fiber headlight delete covers, steel braided brake lines all around, steering stabalizer, shave the fenders, and polish up that frame, and you would have a BAD @SS Dale.

Hehe, thats what I'm hoping to have mine set up like one day. :D

dont speeds come with the hydro magura clutch??? :confused:

YamaWarr0121
01-18-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by stocktires
dont speeds come with the hydro magura clutch??? :confused:

yes, all the cdales come with a hydro clutch now though and steel braided lines

Tommy 17
01-18-2003, 02:33 PM
the best quad out there for mx is probably a laeger cr450f with the narrow frame, cr500 link rear and +4+1 protrax front end... ahhh if i only had 17,000$ +!!!!

R-Crazy
01-18-2003, 03:05 PM
well, it looks the the majority of people here say to go with a dale. lookin good for a dale.

dave

Sporttrax400ex
01-18-2003, 03:17 PM
I would make my 400ex bad *** cause 400ex are the best but since that ant a choice. I would go with the cr450f!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:devil

Sporttrax400ex
01-18-2003, 03:20 PM
Did it make th rev faster or anything?:devil

Sporttrax400ex
01-18-2003, 03:21 PM
Sorry bout that last post wrong post my bad:mad: