PDA

View Full Version : fast trekker rears- do they suck?

Juggalo
11-23-2001, 06:11 PM
has any used these tires? i'm talkin bout the smaller ones with the larger center lug. i think they look sweet but i don't wanna get em if they suck. i need em to last pretty long too. most of my riding is done in the trails and in sand pits but i'm also gonna be racing this winter and in the spring...i know their not holeshot mx's but will they be allright for racin arena cross and some cross country?

11-23-2001, 06:21 PM
the word around town is that they arent bad on the track if the dirt os kinda soft but i dont think your gonna want 18'' tires for the woods. BUT if you do get like 20''s or something i still dont htink they hook up well on the trail unless the soil is right. hope that helped,,,later

keep it real:devil

Juggalo
11-23-2001, 08:20 PM
yeah i want somethin close to stock size... the soil is pretty hard usually but does any1 know how they do in the sand? oh yeah and does any1 have a pic of their quad with em?

11-23-2001, 09:45 PM
i was thinking about gettin those but i dont think the tread would last long. i used to have turfs and the tread wore out in a month or two. traction i dont think would be too bad on them but they look like they would wear out fast.

400exJOE
11-23-2001, 10:21 PM
I hear they r prone to punctures b/c of the large treadless areas on the tire. Get Holeshots.:D

Giz400ex
11-24-2001, 08:06 AM
400exJoe is exactly right!! I had a pair of the trekkers and there is so much space between each tread that I kept on getting flats!! They really hook up well but I've had the holeshots to but I would buy the trekkers over the holeshots. The holeshots wear really fast and they hook up on hard surfaces but there terrible in mud!!

oynot400
11-24-2001, 08:10 AM
I had a set on my Warrior. They wear really well but it seemed they always had a flat. If you are going to race spend the extra $ and get the holeshots. Other wise for trail riding I think they would be alright.

4punksdad
11-24-2001, 08:10 AM
we have them on my sons quadsport 80. they have very stiff sidewalls which equal easy sliding. as a matter of fact, I think they slide a little too easy. they get great forward traction.

the stiff sidewalls also make for a rather rough ride........we have had no problems with punctures, but one tire has never held air since we got the tire/rim combo from rocky mountain. I think that is a bad valve stem or improper seat on the bead, not a bad tire.
I have not noticed any accelerated wear........they are actually quite a hard compound.

I like the turf tamers better, but the fast trekkers are worth the money in my opinion.

11-24-2001, 03:45 PM
my friend had them on his warrior they always had a flat, they had to be in a perfect terrain to get good traction, the mud was ok but not great, they wore decent but they had horrible puncture resestince

Juggalo
11-25-2001, 01:48 PM
i've heard about them being easy to puncture...are they easier to puncture than say..the stockers? i don't want holeshots or anything like that cuz i ride on the road a lot and i need these tires to last for a little bit cuz i'm poor and my parents don't buy me crap for my quad. i'm thinkin maybe i'll get some turf tamers and groove em but i heard they suck in the mud and sand and i need em to work there too.

Guy400
11-25-2001, 05:29 PM
I agree with everything 3punks said about them. I had a set on my modded LT250R and never had a problem with them. They did slide well and the sidewall was very stiff. They provided great traction in every soil type I ever rode in (never had them in the sand so I can't help you there). They never punctured on me and the woods I ride in here in eastern Ohio is riddled with hawthorne trees and if you know what those are you know that they aren't a tire's best friend. In fact, I had Fast Trekker rears and Holeshot fronts and the Holeshots are what I had trouble with. They wore much quicker than the Trekker's.

oynot400
11-26-2001, 08:11 AM
I don't think that Turf Tamers are your answer if you want them to last. I have heard that they are real soft and don't last very long, but they get excellent traction. I have had my Hole Shots on for over a year and a half and have only one flat with them. They still have plenty of tread left also. ;)

RideRed400EX
11-26-2001, 09:51 AM
I had these tires on my 250X, they wear quickly and won't hook up unless the terrain is really loose. Go with Razr's. Not only do they have good traction but they last forever and won't puncture!

ridinashee
03-10-2003, 01:10 PM
my friend has the fast trekker rears on his shee n i got them on da way he says they hook up great n they havent been much of a problem puncture wise...he rides a lot of trails n they never came off the bead. hope it helped

ridinashee
03-10-2003, 01:16 PM
my friend has the fast trekker rears on his shee n i got them on da way he says they hook up great n they havent been much of a problem puncture wise...he rides a lot of trails n they never came off the bead. hope it helped

250exen
03-10-2003, 01:25 PM
jug,
have you thought about kenda klaws? from what i hear, they are like the fast trekkers but a little different. might wanna check into um...

Juggalo
03-10-2003, 02:54 PM
wow this is an old topic. i eventually got some shredders for the rear and i'm happy with them. a friend of mine has the trekkers on his EX and we both like them. the klaws aren't similar to the fast trekkers unless your talking about the larger size ones. the smaller size trekkers have a big long lug in the middle.

Zingnut
03-10-2003, 03:00 PM
I just ordered a full set of Kenda Klaw XC tires from C&D. I believe that these tires will be great for all around performance. I will try to give a review after I have some good ride time in on them.

toby400ex
03-10-2003, 06:50 PM
arent they only 2 ply, if so, not good xc tires:huh

Foxrage
03-10-2003, 07:53 PM
I have a set on my 220 bayou. for it i like them better than holshots but i dont know what they are like with more power. I havent had a problem with flats once in about a year of use. Id say they are a good tire i personally dont like holeshots from my expereiences id say get razrs