PDA

View Full Version : Riding on the Street in MD

DoctorRags
01-17-2003, 05:49 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew the law about riding during a Snow Emergency Plan in Maryland. A friend at work said that as long as the state, or county, declares a Snow Emergency Plan it is legal. His brother-in-law is a State Trooper and told him this. Just wanted to double check before I go doing it.

Also, last time it snowed here, the news was interviewing a guy on a shee riding down Georgia Ave (if you know Maryland).

Pappy
01-17-2003, 05:51 PM
sure ya can do it.....IF YA WANT A POPO WRITING YOU A BIG FAT TICKET:blah

derekhonda
01-17-2003, 05:52 PM
well now i dont know all the facts (so i shouldnt be posting) but during a snow emergency you are NOT supposed to be on the road for any reason other than an emergency. In fact they can write you a ticket if you slide off the road if they want to be d!cks about it. But you are allowed in indiana, and if they hassel you about it tell them your lowered honda civic wouldnt make it out of the driveway and you have to go check on your grandma so you took out your fourwheeler. But i doubt they will even care.

flyin#5
01-17-2003, 05:57 PM
good thing i dont live in maryland cuz around here we just ride quads on the road and not many ppl complain. i think it would be alot safer to drive you quad in a snow emergency though even though it would be a cold ride.

Ryan
01-17-2003, 06:47 PM
Not here in New York. There was about 4 inches of snow on the roads and a cop (Chevy Blazer) was chasing a snowmobile for riding down the roads :huh . With a quad the police like to harass me :p . If I even look at the road while sitting on my quad i'll get it impounded.

Fender Bender
01-17-2003, 06:52 PM
in my neighborhood (in oklahoma) everyone are d!icks about riding on the road, one day some person dodged at me in his truck.:rolleyes: the fuzz is out there EVERY time we ride whether were on the road or not:o

SGA
01-17-2003, 07:04 PM
How about... Just dont ride on the road?

killed300ex
01-17-2003, 08:17 PM
i think its whenever we are in a state of emergancy you can ride on the roads but if that would hapen you better have a 4x4 casue the ol 400 wont make it through lol but around here if you know were ot do it you can ride on the roads lol my freinds and i have learned were to do it through many times of trial and error
lol
killed

Fender Bender
01-17-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by SGA
How about... Just dont ride on the road?

Wise *****,:D :devil j/k, i usually dont, but i had to take a screwdriver to my dad to start the lawn mower, and it would have been a long walk;) :devil

SGA
01-17-2003, 09:43 PM
Haha, i been caught on the road before. The cops were nice, just said to stay on the side. Most of our riding is out in the boones anyway, not many cops around.

01-17-2003, 10:03 PM
Once again I am glad to be in Pa & out of MD....we ride all the time in the snow ...w/no problems from our local ocifers;)

Pappy
01-17-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by "2-R's Rider"
Once again I am glad to be in Pa & out of MD....we ride all the time in the snow ...w/no problems from our local ocifers;)

yeah...well you know how it is here.....if you swing a dead cat you will smack 3 cops. in the western counties its still cool...but around here...it aint happinin:p

01-17-2003, 10:48 PM
Md :( ...we even ride to our favorite pizza spot ,nothing like having the joint to ourselves ,getting warmed up & go back out for another ride

Pappy
01-17-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by "2-R's Rider"
Md :( ...we even ride to our favorite pizza spot ,nothing like having the joint to ourselves ,getting warmed up & go back out for another ride

around here...they rob the pizza joint:devil

01-17-2003, 10:55 PM
MD..:(

killed300ex
01-18-2003, 07:36 AM
Yea i think the most fun i ever had was when i went up to my freinds camp up in maine its prolly got like 1000 residents and like 3000 people with summer campps we went up in between seasons it was beguinoing of x mas break i think they had like 5 inchs of snow and we got up at like 7 then rode on the trails untill we got to town rode thorugh town to the restraunt. It was like a grounp of 7 quads then when we came out and were getin ready to go back on the road a cop drove buy and just waves. IN most of the small hick town that bring alot of southeners the cops wont do anyhitng cause if it wasnt for the 4 wheelers and snowmobiles the city wouldnt be around lol
killed

01-18-2003, 09:31 AM
:D just waiting for the next snow fall here ...for fun in the white stuff..:blah

250exen
01-18-2003, 10:25 AM
up here in ohio, we ride the roads all the time in the snow. ya ive gottin introuble w/ some popos twice but they just saind not to do thoes wheeleie things in the street again(when actually i did a 180 because i missed the street i was gonna take and i turn and he is right there:() but then next time we gget enough snow, me and my dad are gonna go an a big street ride. were talkin about going to the next town over on both sides and stoppin to get gas at this one place and other stuff like that.
itss gonna be fun!

TC17
01-18-2003, 10:39 AM
in PA, your aloud on the roads if there is a state of snow emergency. quads, snowmobils, and anything else related can be on all roads except major interstates or highwys. in 94, we had one and my dad said he saw tons of snomobils come down the streets and they rode all day.