PDA

View Full Version : Most Quiet Aftermarket Muffler

mitchconley
11-25-2009, 10:08 AM
Right now i have an ex with a white brothers slip on and its so damn loud that i cant even ride without having somebody call the cops on me. i am willing to invest some money into getting another muffler but i really love the sound and the feeling of having a muffler, it makes the ride alot better. i was looking at an hmf slip on with a quiet core. but i wanted to get some more info on it.

Pipeless416
11-25-2009, 10:24 AM
do you have an R4? if you're looking for quiet, HMF is not the way to go. i would suggest lexx, fmf q series, or an e series with like 5 discs..if you can find a decent one. if people are calling the cops, just go back to stock.

katch26
11-25-2009, 10:33 AM
Hmf is like any other manufacturer that offers a quiet alternate. They ahve a new one slated to release at the first of the year but they offer the QRS now.

UNBROKEN
11-25-2009, 10:37 AM
id go with the lexx and make ure own quite core that will reduce the outlet diameter that should flow more cfm then stock and still be quiet , the wb eseries with 5 discs will be still a bit loud i ran 3 discs in mine and that realy choked the motor up but made the neighbors happy

katch26
11-25-2009, 11:28 AM
I gotta ask though. Are they calling the police on you because youre loud or because they dont want you riding? If its the latter than there wont be any pleasing them. The people in office are passing crazy db laws now and even stock youd be too loud around me. The passed one recently with a 75db noise ordinance and after 10pm it drops to 55!......those volumes are pretty unrealistic.

muddzilla94
11-25-2009, 12:33 PM
i really like my drd exhaust its not really loud and it has a good sound and performance IMO.

mitchconley
11-25-2009, 12:34 PM
im riding where im not supposed to but i never had any problems before i bought a wheeler with a loud exhaust. im going to try taking some disks out of my muffler. 4 or 5 might be decent but idk. a stock ex is like 88dbs and the white brothers is alot more. i forget what it is exactly but its over 98db i know that

Rkangel7
11-25-2009, 07:35 PM
Yeah the E-series is loud. I was never able to get mine quiet enough. You can make it quieter by removing discs, but if you remove too many discs you end up being no better than stock. I ended up selling it and getting a Lexx. Good performance and comes with a quiet core. It's much quieter than the E-series.

IRISH-RACER-14
11-26-2009, 01:54 PM
hmf with quiet core is very very loud

mitchconley
11-26-2009, 07:04 PM
i just did some research on the lexx pipe and just by reading some other forums and looking at the reviews on rockymountainatv.com it sounds pretty good. the only thing im scared of is that i will buy this, and replace my WB e-series, and this will still be really loud. can somebody who has had experience with both pipes help me out?

Rkangel7
11-26-2009, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by mitchconley
i just did some research on the lexx pipe and just by reading some other forums and looking at the reviews on rockymountainatv.com it sounds pretty good. the only thing im scared of is that i will buy this, and replace my WB e-series, and this will still be really loud. can somebody who has had experience with both pipes help me out?

I had a WB e-series. It was way too loud for the areas I ride. I sold it because of noise restrictions. I replaced it with a Lexx and I'm happy with it so far. The Lexx is rated at 93db with the included spark arrestor/quiet core which is much quieter than the WB. From personal experience the difference was very noticeable. I'm happy with the performance and the sound. It's louder than stock, but quieter than my WB.

mitchconley
11-27-2009, 07:03 AM
thank you so much. that is exactly what i was looking for. i am probably going to get a lexx now. thanks again for the help

katch26
11-27-2009, 11:34 AM
let me know how it works out....I hate the WB's pipes. The quality is very poor and parts are pretty hard to come by now.

mitchconley
11-27-2009, 03:48 PM
yeah. i have a big dent in the side of mine and im sure its cracked somewhere. probably why theyre discontinued

Rkangel7
11-27-2009, 05:17 PM
yeah. i have a big dent in the side of mine and im sure its cracked somewhere. probably why theyre discontinued

Mine was the same way. Cracked welds are common on the e-series. The pipe weld cracked at the can. The spot welds holding the core in were broken. The front mounting bracket broke off. None of these were from wrecks, just normal usage. Overall, I just wasn't impressed with the quality of the e-series.

Whereas I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the Lexx.

BlasterEaten250
11-27-2009, 06:00 PM
yeah. i have a big dent in the side of mine and im sure its cracked somewhere. probably why theyre discontinued The dent is supposed to be there. just fyi

mitchconley
11-27-2009, 06:22 PM
oh hahahaha i never knew that. i always wondered how i dented it but i bought it used and never researched it so i just figured i dented it