PDA

View Full Version : what tires to get?

texasman20
11-24-2009, 06:16 PM
so my rear tires are looking close to seeing their last day and i want to start doing some research on what to replace them with. I do pretty much all trail riding but i also spend some substantial time running around on our ranch so i do not want to get such aggressive tires that it rips up the grass everywhere i go. I also kind of like being able to get loose pretty easy while trail riding. I was thinking maybe ATP all trail, ITP holeshot ATR, or holeshot HDs. I just dont know if these are good tires or which type of tire too look for. thanks for any advice

-TheDude-
11-24-2009, 06:25 PM
gncc's 21 11X9, dont get the 20 inch they arent a true 20 inch and they dont come in 11 inch... you wont be disappointed with the 21's

Jakeyracer
11-24-2009, 11:05 PM
I like HDs untill I hit sloppy clay for some reason the wet clay doesn't like to come off as well but awesome on just bout anything I mean won't tear up the lawn unless you want too, very predictable handling turns and slides, not to mention the durablity I mean the sidewalls are strong and the tread wear is very slow

my next set (when the time should come) will def be another set of HDs they treated me great

and I ride trails sand and put around the yard sounds to me like that's what your lookin to use them for too

bkelley
11-25-2009, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Jakeyracer
I like HDs untill I hit sloppy clay for some reason the wet clay doesn't like to come off as well but awesome on just bout anything I mean won't tear up the lawn unless you want too, very predictable handling turns and slides, not to mention the durablity I mean the sidewalls are strong and the tread wear is very slow

my next set (when the time should come) will def be another set of HDs they treated me great

and I ride trails sand and put around the yard sounds to me like that's what your lookin to use them for too
I agree, I love my HDs. They are downright tough. I ride mostly desert trails with rocks and whatnot and they haven't let me down. Once rode through some pretty dense sticker bushes. My tires were covered in thorns, didn't get a single hole or slash. I even ran into a Jeep once on the trails and bent my wheel up pretty good. Never broke the seal on the tire and I rode on it for months without any air loss. I was thinking about trying out some Razrs for my next set, but I don't know if I want to. My HDs have treated me too well.

mitchconley
11-25-2009, 10:06 AM
i have holeshot H-Ds front and back. i love them. they get me through anything around here. i saw some people talking about clay and idk if i have ever ran into clay but for where i ride theyre perfect

texasman20
11-25-2009, 12:20 PM
Thanks for all the advice. I will probably go with the HD's and see how I like them. I will let y'all know when I throw them on.

katch26
11-25-2009, 12:22 PM
I 2nd the gncc......the HD and Razr 2's are nice BUT theyre just too heavy. Where you ride is very important when selecting tires....I wouldnt do them in the mud but desert racing I bet theyd be awesome. Another good tire is the ITP tracstars, nice spaced out lugs 6ply and radial.

Jakeyracer
11-25-2009, 01:35 PM
yea the clay is fine until it gets soupy or sloppy then it just wont let your tires clean out and turns the HDs into greased up super slicks