PDA

View Full Version : Atv Holeshot Device Is Here!!!!

STILLinFRONT
11-24-2009, 04:22 PM
I was at a race and talked to the company who makes this.
It works for every make, any shock.
Now I win almost every holeshot, this keeps my front end down.
You just push down on the bumper, lock the rods in place, when you hit the brakes in the first corner, the rods unlock, and you suspension is free to move.
Here is is installed on my quad.

STILLinFRONT
11-24-2009, 04:27 PM
locked in place:

STILLinFRONT
11-24-2009, 04:33 PM
google search quadshot starting device

TNT
11-24-2009, 08:09 PM
Do those vertical tie rods unhook automatically when the front end dives from breaking? Does it take a certain shock setting to make it work? Dive, unhook?

motohanks
11-24-2009, 11:04 PM
I found the website, but I couldn't find a price. are there any adverse affects from using this starting device? extra wear on the shock bolts, a-arms, etc. Once it unhooks, is it held tight against the frame is does it bounce around? What if one side unhooks before the other?

Colby@C&DRacing
11-25-2009, 08:44 AM
I can see that they are spring loaded. Once they are released the spring tension swings them out of the way and holds them their.

TNT
11-25-2009, 10:29 AM
Wow you got good vision I would have never caught that had you not pointed it out, forgot the name of those springs. I would think one could take some tie downs and try this. I'm wondering how it does out of some gates that need a wheelie, and some pro's I have watched get more momentum from a slight wheelie since the fronts tires are not producing friction and the rear body roll puts more traction on the rear tires especially for light racers.

Really in theory anyway the wheelie ruins frontal momentum but decreases front tire friction so to me it could be a wash......

Think we'll tire er down today and check our speed just for kicks. :D

protraxrptr17
11-25-2009, 11:49 AM
Dangit. I worked on this idea last year and never fully developed it. I always wait too long on my ideas. It was one of my ideas I was going to get TNT to help me with. I need it for my bike because it's almost neutrally bouyant in the front. When you get on the gas it raises up and stays there until you let off. My design was going to be pretty extravagant because you dont want one side to release without the other. I wanted to be able to release mine myself. I was going to use pins on the a-arm pivots that extend and retract and tie in with the front brake, maybe even off the hydraulics.

STILLinFRONT
11-25-2009, 02:36 PM
TNT:
I have never had this fail!!!!!Neither has the company that made it.
When you hit your front brakes, the device will unhook from the a-arm and the spring will keep it against the frame.
Also, the angle on the device will force it to unhook when compressed.
The spring prevents it from clanking against the frame.

I first set it up too light, and it would unhook between shifts,
so I moved the clamp further out.

If I sit far enough back, I leave the gate, my tires will hover 1 inch from the ground.

STILLinFRONT
11-25-2009, 02:40 PM
That company said this will work for any bike any shock, any a-arm.
There are different length rods for each bike.

You just push down on the front bumper and hook the rods in place----easy

TNT
11-25-2009, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by protraxrptr17
Dangit. I worked on this idea last year and never fully developed it. I always wait too long on my ideas. It was one of my ideas I was going to get TNT to help me with. I need it for my bike because it's almost neutrally bouyant in the front. When you get on the gas it raises up and stays there until you let off. My design was going to be pretty extravagant because you dont want one side to release without the other. I wanted to be able to release mine myself. I was going to use pins on the a-arm pivots that extend and retract and tie in with the front brake, maybe even off the hydraulics.

So now I’m your drafter beeeeeeech! Ah? Lol! J/k!

This is an interesting concept of shock and traction control. I don’t know how effective this particular design is, it may be.

Looks like some sort of adjusting rods might enable one to adjust the amount of wheelie and rear traction to their liking would be one improvement. Makes you wonder if you can find a way how this might be effective on other areas of the track combined with sway control mechanisms. If we were to think about the sway on the market today and this, they are both in essence traction and shock control.

I’ll look around aircraft for some ideas, maybe a locking and unlocking cam that works off arm travel. This is where those computer controlled shocks would work well. For now primitive electro or mechanical devices.

If you can draw a pic of your idea Protrac we can model it later. I personally think we can come up with something better, not that this may not be a good product. :D

STILLinFRONT
11-25-2009, 04:36 PM
Too adjust the amount of force on the front end, you just need to move the clamps on the a-arm out, toward the tires. No adusting rods needed.

This causes the front to sag lower, and lower

TNT
11-25-2009, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by STILLinFRONT
That company said this will work for any bike any shock, any a-arm.
There are different length rods for each bike.

You just push down on the front bumper and hook the rods in place----easy

Yeah but you said above that if you set it too light it would not unhook, there may be some riders that want it lite depending on the track and riding style, so in my mind you solve this by using adjustable tie rods. Plus over time these thin springs are taking some load we'll have to see how they hold up in tension. Looks like thin aluminum or is that spring steel? Not that great

motofreak2772
11-25-2009, 10:08 PM
ehhh... I like the other holeshot device someone posted on here before. What if one of the springs fail and the hooks are dangling around. That can be very dangerous.

STILLinFRONT
11-26-2009, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by TNT
Yeah but you said above that if you set it too light it would not unhook, there may be some riders that want it lite depending on the track and riding style, so in my mind you solve this by using adjustable tie rods. Plus over time these thin springs are taking some load we'll have to see how they hold up in tension. Looks like thin aluminum or is that spring steel? Not that great

Please get you quotes right, I said I set it up too light and it would unhook between shifts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Springs are never made from aluminum, these are made from stainless steel. These are torsional springs, not tension springs, these will amost never fail.
Just like the springs in your throttle.

TNT
11-26-2009, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by TNT

Wheres the rest of my post? MODs you been PM'd.

TNT
11-26-2009, 09:28 AM
Springs are never made from aluminum

http://www.skatesonhaight.com/Seismic-Aluminum-Truck-Springs-Green-Medium-p/seisprg5.htm

http://www.springhouston.com/mat_aluminum.htm

STILLinFRONT
11-26-2009, 09:38 AM
THIS POST IS FOR INFORMATION NOT FOR BASHING.

If you do not like this product dont buy it, move on.

dancr250
11-26-2009, 10:13 AM
Does this one work better than the AXIS air shock version?

STILLinFRONT
11-26-2009, 10:31 AM
I do not own the Custom Axis version.
But I do know it is only for their top-of-the-line air shocks,
so If you don't own that shock you are out-of-luck

The Idolspeed version will work for every shock including air shocks and stock shocks

JR3
11-26-2009, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by STILLinFRONT
THIS POST IS FOR INFORMATION NOT FOR BASHING.

If you do not like this product dont buy it, move on.

seems like u are working/advertising for this company and trying to advertise the product to us with how defensive u are and the nature of ur posts

TNT
11-26-2009, 02:01 PM
I was waiting for an answer from the MOD's but great thing about this site is we have the freedom to look at the pros and cons of all products. If you look in any area you will see that. For sales people to come out here and demand nothing but the pros are stated to increase sales, well I did not know this was a sales site, if thats the rules I need some clarification. I did have some good things to say about this product but don't think it has no flaws.

I think some of my post was deleted for other reasons or maybe I did myself it was late and I was tired. :D

I will say this my intent out here is only to help people not bash anybody or any product. I offer that for free because I want the industry and racers to succeed. Times are tough!

Happy Thanksgiving....

Terry

STILLinFRONT
11-26-2009, 02:27 PM
Nicely stated.

Happy Thanksgiving

Pappy
11-26-2009, 03:30 PM
Got the reported post but it wasnt me, ive been in a tree stand all day and could careless what yall are doin:p

06 Honda 450R
11-27-2009, 11:29 AM
250$:eek2: for a couple rods, bolts, and some billet...

JR3
11-27-2009, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by 06 Honda 450R
250$:eek2: for a couple rods, bolts, and some billet...

exactly proper clutch control and knowledge are free! but i wish i had some billet haha

dancr250
11-27-2009, 07:47 PM
I dont think its that bad, when a MX swaybar is $600 for not much more material

decisions, decisions.....

motardracer
11-27-2009, 09:53 PM
Just an FYI, the Axis Holeshot device can be used on lots of different Axis shocks, and sprung shocks too, not just the top of the line air shocks. The taps should just need somewhere to mount on the eyelets.
Pretty sure Joe Byrd used it all this year, and he seemed to lead into the first turn more than a few times this season!! :D

I beleive it is reasonably priced as well....

06 Honda 450R
11-28-2009, 01:46 AM
i dont know... i could have somethin made at my shop like that for cheap, there isnt much materials and it doesnt look like its hard to make

mudslinger3
11-29-2009, 10:38 AM
Maybe I missed it but is there a website for these holeshot devices you guys are talking about? I've been waiting for this since every pro and most amateur dirtbike racers have them they must have some benefits on the start. Does anybody know if there is one available now? I'm looking for something new for myself for Christmas.
Thanks for any help

reconmaster
11-29-2009, 02:22 PM
idolspeed.com

i'm looking into one myself with my disability i have a hard time on alot of tracks keeping the front end down during a start.