PDA

View Full Version : Rear suspension help Q

WISH1965
11-24-2009, 10:21 AM
Have a 2005 450r and looking to go LT in front +3 using Fox shocks. My Q is the rear. I am thinking of going the GT Thunder linkage route, and having them revalve my stock Honda shock and gaining addt 1.5" of wheel travel. The link & shock revalving is under $400. which sounds like the advantage of some performance that won't break the bank? Not sure a LT swing arm & shock @ $1000+ would benefit the addt. $$ outlay?

What I'm trying to achieve here is convert my quad to LT through used parts (good parts) without breaking the bank. I DO NOT RACE, but do ride primarily on the MX tracks with family and looking to achieve a more plush ride. I ride hard, but again not to a hardcore race level, so advice on this rear suspension set up is greatly wanted.

Much Thanks.

WW

eastside 400
11-24-2009, 03:59 PM
nothing against GT Thunder or anythign, ive used their MX link and revalved shock before, but it doesnt work that great, you need to get some kind of aftermarket rearend, i like the LSR DC6 link with a 06+ stock swingarm and any kind of aftermarket shock for the application. you can keep costs down over a superlink or savior and still have a great setup. the gt thunder is an improvement but i didnt really like it that much

WISH1965
11-24-2009, 06:01 PM
Okay thanks. So the aftermkt SA are really that much better? greatly better?

eastside 400
11-24-2009, 06:24 PM
yea i feel that they are, it depends how much you want to put into it. if your not racing you might just wanna get the GT thunder setup, i used that for a season and won a B class in D6 with it so its not horible but you can tell the difference, where do you ride? im right by you, im in pennsburg

WISH1965
11-25-2009, 07:22 AM
We ride at Blue Diamond MX in Delaware. My son races E town & Atco, NJ. I didn't ride much this year due to son racing & the fact that BD MX has neglected the quad track. Looking to upgrade my machine with suspension pieces and ride more & race a little less in 2010. lGetting fox fronts with a +3 front end and need to address rear end. I'm not sure I would notice difference in rear end. i would probably notice the upgrade. I haven't ruled out an aftermarket Swing arm yet. Weighing my options.

WW