PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday sales-whos brave enough ?

QuadJunkies
11-24-2009, 10:16 AM
I dread this time of year as Ill have the great pleasure of working :rolleyes:

Whos all getting up at the butt crack of dawn to shop and whats on your Black Friday shopping list?

blacknblue#2
11-24-2009, 10:44 AM
i wouldnt step foot in a store on that day. Im going to the indoor track...i plan on being there when they open the doors :devil: :devil:

spanky101
11-24-2009, 10:52 AM
I am not nearly brave enough! Them old ladies with the purses and moms wanting the latest and greatest for their kid is not worth it to me! Id rather not get smashed by purses and shopping carts.

QuadJunkies
11-24-2009, 10:57 AM
I wish everyone had that mentality .:p
I remember reading a few years back of a person getting trampled at a Walmart... stabbing at a toy store... WTF people?!
There is some killer sales out there, but not worth losing a life over.

If I wasnt working I MIGHT have venetured out for that ONE bigger item that helps stretch my budget but thats a big IF to get up that early. Plus, I hate shopping. lol

QuadJunkies
11-24-2009, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by blacknblue#2
i wouldnt step foot in a store on that day. Im going to the indoor track...i plan on being there when they open the doors :devil: :devil:

Our big FT here is a dbl. header wk end Fri and Sat. When I used to race there I really looked forward to Black Friday for this reason! :D

yellowzo3
11-24-2009, 11:08 AM
My brother always finds one really good deal and waits in line at the store all night to get it. I guess he does it for the experience as well :p ...I've never done it and probably won't. I hate going shopping on regular days.

From what I've heard, Best Buy has no really good deals this year. Anyone hear that also? :confused:

gcart2
11-24-2009, 11:12 AM
not lookin forward to it.

Drewltr450
11-24-2009, 11:47 AM
driving around town yelling at shoppers with my bull horn... gona be a fun time

elite ATV1
11-24-2009, 11:52 AM
I dont really do much shopping i just like to go out an screw with ppl driving around and push em around.
last year we went out in this
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r77/berettaParts/Picture201.jpg

and this year were going out in my truck

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r77/berettaParts/Picture004-5.jpg

i love pushing ppl around in traffic lol

QuadJunkies
11-24-2009, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by yellowzo3
My brother always finds one really good deal and waits in line at the store all night to get it. I guess he does it for the experience as well :p ...I've never done it and probably won't. I hate going shopping on regular days.

From what I've heard, Best Buy has no really good deals this year. Anyone hear that also? :confused:
To be honest, I havent heard of any HUGE sales really.. :confused:

I havent checked online ,but isnt there a website called black friday where you can view upcoming sales?

yellowzo3
11-24-2009, 12:34 PM
Yup! The site has all different sections and you pick the kind of stuff you want to look at.

I don't think there are ever any huge sales on everything in a store (I'm sure many things are on sale, but you know what I mean lol)... just one or two items that a store sells extremely cheap to draw in customers. Once customers are in the store to get those items they figure they might as well buy all the accessories for it and do other shopping as well. Most of the time the items that everyone is waiting for sell out in minutes so I don't think most customers in the store even get any huge deals lol

fastredrider44
11-24-2009, 01:06 PM
I will NOT be shopping on Friday. I don't like shopping on the 364 other days of the year either though.:p

luke23
11-24-2009, 01:20 PM
I have to work at the JC Penny store where i live. I have to work from 2 to 7!! Its going to be a mad house!!

CADWELL
11-24-2009, 02:14 PM
Made the mistake of venturing out with the wife last year, been there, done that and NEVER do it again...

I'll be at a track getting some good practice in...

jesseweaver
11-24-2009, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I dread this time of year as Ill have the great pleasure of working :rolleyes:

yup i got off school so me too, not sure how long yet though. at least 12 hours though. and at least i don't have to deal with the crazy shoppers

honda400ex2003
11-24-2009, 06:49 PM
I wish everyone had that mentality .:p
I remember reading a few years back of a person getting trampled at a Walmart... stabbing at a toy store... WTF people?!
There is some killer sales out there, but not worth losing a life over.

If I wasnt working I MIGHT have venetured out for that ONE bigger item that helps stretch my budget but thats a big IF to get up that early. Plus, I hate shopping. lol

I remember that too people are crazy. Steve

ATV Chic
11-24-2009, 07:09 PM
I'm with ya quadjunkies I HATE shopping! I think I"m just about finished already. I only shop online now, can't take that madness!! I almost got crushed about 6 yrs. ago at a walmart and I will NEVER do that again!:o

flammable
11-24-2009, 11:43 PM
i love it, this year im goin at 9pm thursday night, i go with my cousin, my brother, and a couple friends. usually dnt buy enough to make it worth it, but we do it for the experience, so much fun, plus the best buy i go to 50% of the ppl in line are drinking, we always end up getting in on drinking games, last year a guy was selling beer 2 dollars a can of budlight

and yes i kno of the illegalness of all this but.......chit happens

SHOP ON!!!!!!!!!!

slightlybent47
11-24-2009, 11:53 PM
That’s why I like the internet, I can shop on line and do all the research and when I go to the store know exactly what I want and I ‘m in and out quick. If you spent as much time at work as you would spend in line, you would save money by paying regular sale price.

QuadJunkies
11-24-2009, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by sexyatvchic
I'm with ya quadjunkies I HATE shopping! I think I"m just about finished already. I only shop online now, can't take that madness!! I almost got crushed about 6 yrs. ago at a walmart and I will NEVER do that again!:o
I did that last year too! I LOVED shopping online-its so much less stressful that way!!

Tommy Warren
11-25-2009, 01:37 AM
I have a girlfriend a mom and 2 sisters.......I don't shop

dan harris
11-25-2009, 05:47 AM
Come on out and ride at the Proving Grounds on Friday - tracks will be in great shape !!!

You can buy everyone on your list a T-shirt from the Park and kill two birds with one ride !!!!

Seriously though Memberships make great christmas gifts, they are on sale now for $100 off the regular price. Now through January 31st they are $500 for unlimited riding. We also have gift certificates available in any denomination.

destey
11-25-2009, 06:43 AM
I get my deals months ahead of the holidays from ebayers in hong kong.

KXRida
11-25-2009, 08:06 AM
I go if there's a good deal on tools or something at sears. I got a pretty nice roller tool chest and like 13 more drawers for a pretty good deal last year. Other than that I pretty much order everything online. The only black friday deals I really look forward to are at the local bike shops. Minimum of 20% and up to 70% off on all parts and accessories. Can't beat that. It's a pick your discount kinda thing out of a box.

QuadJunkies
11-25-2009, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by dan harris
Come on out and ride at the Proving Grounds on Friday - tracks will be in great shape !!!

You can buy everyone on your list a T-shirt from the Park and kill two birds with one ride !!!!

Seriously though Memberships make great christmas gifts, they are on sale now for $100 off the regular price. Now through January 31st they are $500 for unlimited riding. We also have gift certificates available in any denomination.

Dan, Id love to come rider your track every weekend from the pics Ive seen!
Your quite aways from me though. :p Cant think of a better way to wear off some Turkey dinner! :macho

CannondaleRider
11-25-2009, 10:29 AM
I will be working this Black Friday.....Even if I was not? I would probably be sleepin' in late, in a shop, truck, car, or some randoms house in Wickenburg, from a long night of partying. lol.

QuadJunkies
11-25-2009, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
I will be working this Black Friday.....Even if I was not? I would probably be sleepin' in late, in a shop, truck, car, or some randoms house in Wickenburg, from a long night of partying. lol.
Hey stranger, how have you been?! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your sis! :)

CannondaleRider
11-25-2009, 02:45 PM
Hey stranger, how have you been?! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your sis! :)

I've been good, working, and trying to wait patiently for the ability to get back into the racing scene again. lol. And how have you been? Troy? The kids?

Happy Thanksgiving to your family as well!

QuadJunkies
11-26-2009, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
I've been good, working, and trying to wait patiently for the ability to get back into the racing scene again. lol. And how have you been? Troy? The kids?

Happy Thanksgiving to your family as well!

Troy is still the same ole Troy- ONRY as ever ..:p both kids are good. Brandon is DYING to ride. I hope his quad gets done soon,he hasnt got to ride much at all since this summer. :(
Kelsey is good.. Still no boyfreind-YAY!! :blah: but lots of lookers.She raced a local GP last weekend and had fun. Shes driving now :scary: LOL!
Guess whos gonna share driving to to Phoenix?? :p

CannondaleRider
11-26-2009, 11:00 AM
Troy is still the same ole Troy- ONRY as ever ..:p both kids are good. Brandon is DYING to ride. I hope his quad gets done soon,he hasnt got to ride much at all since this summer. :(
Kelsey is good.. Still no boyfreind-YAY!! :blah: but lots of lookers.She raced a local GP last weekend and had fun. Shes driving now :scary: LOL!
Guess whos gonna share driving to to Phoenix?? :p

Haha, doesn't suprise me with Troy....I'm still thinkin' he has everyone I know beat, on the dirtiest jokes/quips ever. Ha.

I can kind of relate with Brandon. I haven't rode in 4 months now. Bikes sitting there waiting on a prep and some mobbin'..but, no money for anything.

......I'll relate to the Kelsey thing later in life, when I'm a father. ha.

Driving duties? Just wait until she wants to do what I was doing at 17.... drive solo to every WORCS race. 7 hours or 26 hours. Oh yeah! Lol. I'm sure we'll see you guys at Speedworld.