PDA

View Full Version : 300ex Fiberglass Fenders

Big_Guy_Green
11-23-2009, 05:14 PM
Sorry if this has been discussed before, but a search turned up nothing.

I recently aquired a 1995 300ex in very reasonable condition for $300, nearly running (only needs starter solenoid and to be reassembled, but I digress).

The point of my post is that after I got the machine home and got to looking it over, I noticed something funny about the fenders. All of the body work is fiberglass! I mean entirely made of fiberglass. I'm posting the only pic I have as of now, and will try to get more detailed ones by tomorrow.

I'm wondering if anyone could tell me any companies that made fiberglass fenders for these machines. They look very similar to Maier plastics. I haven't been able to turn up any info on google.

Thank you for any help in advance.

Big_Guy_Green
11-23-2009, 05:16 PM
Sorry, pic didn't load first time.

stuntin andy
11-23-2009, 07:54 PM
loooks normal to me... u sure its fiberglass??

Big_Guy_Green
11-23-2009, 09:20 PM
Yeah its confusing the heck outta me too! I brought the front fenders inside tonight to get some more pics, and some spots are neat like plastic, and others are kinda fuzzy like fiberglass. And when I scrape a little of the paint off (yeah, previous owner painted over it) it doesn't help much either. At one point I wondered if somebody might have skimmed the plastics with fiberglass so they could paint it. :ermm: Maybe I'm just imagining things, I dunno lol. Here's a couple more pics. I think at any rate I'm going to sand and polish it back to black.

Big_Guy_Green
11-23-2009, 09:22 PM
Pic of underside of front fenders.

Tommy Warren
11-24-2009, 01:29 AM
looks like they may have used fibreglass to fix the cracks...

stuntin andy
11-24-2009, 05:18 AM
ya thats what i was thinking lol