PDA

View Full Version : S10 bed Modification for 400ex

rdtrp13
11-23-2009, 12:00 PM
Alright i have figured out that my 400 wont fit in the bed of my truck with nerf bars on without hitting the fender whels, so my next question and maybe some pic's would be nice to, has anyone built up the inside of the bed of and s10 sized truck to acomidate a quad with nerf bars so it wont hit the fender whels? if so instructions and or pics would be great. i was thinking of just building up directly infront and behind the fenders and tie it down that way but i am still trying to figure out how and what material to use.
Thanks

BlasterEaten250
11-23-2009, 12:13 PM
Maybe just put some car wheel ramps under the front tires so the front of the quad is lifting in the air a little.

gt400ex
11-23-2009, 12:17 PM
Same type of idea as above, you could put a tool box in and just set the front end on that.

dubee
11-23-2009, 12:25 PM
my buddy has nerf bars on his 400ex and it fits in my S10. The only thing that hits is the front tires on the wheele wel.

What nerfs do you got?

rdtrp13
11-23-2009, 01:03 PM
i have a pair of cheap ones but they are pretty ruff they came with the quad, getting ready to order some new ones, but not sure which ones, but from the measurements they look like they will hit the fender wels, i talked to a buddy that races and he said his hit to, so that is why i was curious, his wels are beat to hell. i was wanting something kind of bolt in so i dint have to worry about it sliding around or having to take it in or out. might just to have to say screw it and just buy a trailer, lol

dubee
11-23-2009, 01:09 PM
thats weird i dont understand why it dont fit with stock a arms mine bearlly rubs the wheele wel i got a 95 chevy s10.

Same with my buddys that has nerfs:confused:

But ill check it out more when i get home.

brian76708
11-23-2009, 01:15 PM
yea i have had 2 s10 96 and 2000 now and both of them my quad fit in with nurfs without touching the only pain is getting the front wheels past the fender wheels as some times they wedge themselves in between but i have been thinking about making something to make it easier .

rdtrp13
11-23-2009, 01:17 PM
i appreciate you checking when you get home, mine will have +2 on mine though but that wont make a difference i can just go over wels, i was just worried about beating the crap out of wels and nerf bars, thanks for the help
Here is what i am working on:

2000 400 ex
stage 2 cam
416 kit
k & n
nerf bars
+2 a arms not sure which ones
450r front shocks revalved
stock rear revalved
dura blue rear +2 maybe 3 suggestions?
over sized oil cooler
alum. air box with w/ battery move
skid plates all around except a arms
twist throttle/ because that is what i like
race cut fenders with new hood
different wheels not sure which ones yet
new mx bumper
PC frame

i would like to get an extended swing arm but not enough money yet trying to go to jamaca for wedding and misses wont let me spend the money on quad
any more suggestions would be appreciated

brian76708
11-23-2009, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by rdtrp13
i appreciate you checking when you get home, mine will have +2 on mine though but that wont make a difference i can just go over wels, i was just worried about beating the crap out of wels and nerf bars, thanks for the help
Here is what i am working on:

2000 400 ex
stage 2 cam
416 kit
k & n
nerf bars
+2 a arms not sure which ones
450r front shocks revalved
stock rear revalved
dura blue rear +2 maybe 3 suggestions?
over sized oil cooler
alum. air box with w/ battery move
skid plates all around except a arms
twist throttle/ because that is what i like
race cut fenders with new hood
different wheels not sure which ones yet
new mx bumper
PC frame

i would like to get an extended swing arm but not enough money yet trying to go to jamaca for wedding and misses wont let me spend the money on quad
any more suggestions would be appreciated

that makes sense now. i guess ill know what ill have to look forward to once i get +2s lol

dubee
11-23-2009, 02:04 PM
Hmm yea with the +2s its gonna be a pain for sure.. Gotta do some brain storming ill try to think something up.

What are you gonna do with your right side upper and lower aarms? both of mine are bent soo bad the bushings are in there side ways:ermm:

400ex28
11-23-2009, 02:15 PM
my quad had +3 a-arms and +4 axle and it fit in an s10.

camaromitch
11-23-2009, 02:28 PM
This might not be what you want but you might look into a small utility trailer. I found one on craigslist the other day for $150. Frees up your bed for other things and you can pull your quad with anything with a hitch. Just a though.

rdtrp13
11-23-2009, 03:58 PM
not sure thought of keeping them for spares but not sure if i decide to get rid of them i will send you a message