PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone use Holeshots up front for MX????

300exHILLER
01-17-2003, 02:51 PM
???????????????? I always liked maxxis and have never had a problem with their tires. So I was thinking of going with razors mx 20x6x10 up front. BUT every MX quad that I see have holeshots up front WHY?????????????????

400MXer
01-17-2003, 03:25 PM
Razors are pretty good to...i've seen tim farr run razors up front with tammers in the back.

kc 300EX
01-17-2003, 03:26 PM
the Razr MXs are fairly new, but Doug Gust uses them, so they must not suck too bad

I imagine everyone uses the Holeshots because they work good, but yeah, being as the Razr MXs are newer, not as many people have them

Sick0
01-17-2003, 05:03 PM
Well, the holeshots have been out for a while and are real good. So there are proven race tire so every body use them. The new maxxis are new and arn't proven.

But not every body uses them. I use the stocks fronts at southwick to get a better clearce. Plus my stupid Holeshot front keep goign flat

James70214
01-17-2003, 06:31 PM
Yeah that is the only reason why many people don't use them, due to them being new. The rears I have used and did not care for them. They were taller than the holeshots and did not hook up well on the hardpacked stuff. They are good in the sense they did not wear out as fast a s holeshots

300exHILLER
01-17-2003, 06:48 PM
Thanks. I like the front razors cause of the middle design of the tread. If anyone has ever rode Snowmobiles it's basically how their front skis are setup using a thin stright piece of metal. So I belive that these would be better in the soft stuff which most of my races in in soft dirt........thoughts???.......So what about rears I race 5 races on soft stuff, 3 on hard pack clay? I also like the fact that (as James70214 said) that the razors are higher cause I need the ground clearance for those 5 soft tracks but don't want to run 20's.

So Rear
Razors
or
Groved Turfs
or
Holeshots???????????????????????????????