PDA

View Full Version : New 250ex owner

jshtex
11-22-2009, 06:28 PM
I am picking up a new 250ex for my daughter tomorrow. It is an 08. I have a lot of history with Honda's and I presently own both a 400ex and a 450r.

Is there anything that I should be aware of?

Any common problems etc.?

I am sure it will be plenty fast for her (for now) right out of the box. But are there anythings I could do to "un-cork" it as she gets better?

Thanks for your help.

hondariderdylan
11-25-2009, 06:47 PM
most likely the thing that will bother her the most is the tippy feeling they have stock

the most worthwhile things to do are:
Wider sport tires (razr's ect.)
maybe wheel spacers if you dont think she will be very hard on it
nerfs to keep her feet safe
hand guards to cover her hands
Banshee front shock on the rear if the stocker is too stiff

Speed wise:
aftermarket filter and jets(exhuast if you want, not really worth while in my mind though:ermm: )
to be honest, anything more than an exhuast system isnt really worthwhile becuase of the shaft drive rear end and the short suspension travel:ermm:

hope this helps
any questions just ask:)

DirtyDave
12-09-2009, 07:44 PM
my first quad was a 250ex it is a bad lil bike has plenty of power and ridability for begginers. i added a megamax exhaust, fmf jets,kand n filter with an open air box for more UMMPH! it hads loads of torque but aint very fast. i beat the CRAP out of mine with no problems and still runs great! they will eat up some big mud holes too lol i still have it for my girlfriend but have upgraded to a 400ex.

86250rrider
12-13-2009, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by DirtyDave
my first quad was a 250ex it is a bad lil bike has plenty of power and ridability for begginers. i added a megamax exhaust, fmf jets,kand n filter with an open air box for more UMMPH! it hads loads of torque but aint very fast. i beat the CRAP out of mine with no problems and still runs great! they will eat up some big mud holes too lol i still have it for my girlfriend but have upgraded to a 400ex.

what he said^^^^^ i have the same mods as post above.its a great little scooter for a beginner. im used to my modded 450r and it just doesnt cut it for me though.:macho