PDA

View Full Version : HELP-Won't start

kennyo1
11-22-2009, 01:11 PM
Help. Just installed the Sparks key, reassembled and it will not start. I put a spare plug into the spark plug wire and grounded to the engine to check for spark. It looks like I do not have any spark. Could I have damaged something? Forget to hook something back up??? HELP

kennyo1
11-22-2009, 02:52 PM
I had the stop switch in the off position. Wish I would have seen this before I Pulled the cover and reinstalled the stock key. Since I found the problem, I pulled the cover again and put the Sparks +6 back in. All is well..
I will give a report after I ride it. Sure sounds good!!!!!:rolleyes:

KISSmyACE
11-22-2009, 03:24 PM
lmao I don't know if I would have admitted that mistake!!!

slightlybent47
11-22-2009, 04:07 PM
Yeah I love it. Someone did that to me on the starting line one day. LOL!!!
They reached over and pushed the button to off and it took me a minuet to figure out what it was. I never use that switch so I never check it. You’re an honest man to admit that was the problem. I might have made up something just to cover my ***. Glad to here you got it going though.

mcgrath
11-22-2009, 04:46 PM
Yeah thats funny when it happens to someone else. I think we have all been guilty of something goofy once or twice....ok maybe a dozen times.

kennyo1
11-22-2009, 07:14 PM
It could have been worse. I could have reported that I destroyed something installing the key and it will cost me a zillion buck to fix. At least it only cost me time BUT I MISSED THE SAINTS GAME!!!!!

What should I expect from the key on my first outing??
I currently have a stock 2005 400ex, Curtis sparks X6 full exhaust, jetted (38/155) Rev box.

honda400ex2003
11-22-2009, 07:36 PM
better throttle response and increased pull throughout the rpms. this would not be a thread made by me. i would never admit that or tear it apart again to put the stock one back in. lol. good to hear that you got it running though. it will be worth missing the game for also. lol. steve

KISSmyACE
11-24-2009, 08:10 AM
ahaha I guess I'm just used to checking the switch, I have no key or ignition, just my tether, so that's how I turn it off. but brownie points to you for being honest!! I've sat helpless for 5-10 minutes at the track before wondering why my quad wouldn't start, yelling at the boyfriend "I thought you said you put gas in it!!" only to realize that I didn't have my tether in. Man I felt dumb! I think he got a lot of pleasure out of watching me freak out.

guenther
11-24-2009, 12:58 PM
Last time I checked there is a "delete" in the edit post :cool: Glad it was just the switch.