PDA

View Full Version : 04 chain rub??

pondy
11-22-2009, 12:23 PM
noticed today that my chain has rubbed on the chassis a little, its on the mount for the upper chain roller, seems only slight, i have ment the mount out a little but dont think its going to help much, surly the chain is alot stronger that the mount of the chassis

any fix's for this?
sam

pondy
12-04-2009, 02:39 PM
TTT

yamaha_maniack
12-04-2009, 09:12 PM
just pretty much make sure the chain tension isnt too slacky and loose. but also make sure that its not too tight either if you tighten it. i think that you can just tighten it by loosening the 4 bolts on the very back side of the swingarm and then there are holes on the left side of the swingarm (behind where the sprocket mounts to the swingarm sort of) and you put a bar or screwdriver in it and roll the quad foreward to loosen it and backward to tighten it. you will feel it hit the screwdriver and then it will kind of twist and then the tension will get tighter/looser etc.. just try it and you will see what i mean.

at least this is the way my 09 YFZr does it..

good luck

pondy
12-05-2009, 05:05 AM
the chain tension is fine but still running slightly, is on on suspension travel, can see its taking the paint off the frame
sam

mxpimp2000
12-05-2009, 03:11 PM
04 chain adjustment is diff than 06-09. sounds like something is twisted which may be you swingarm. thats common on stock swingers. you motor might be loose check you motor mounts and make sure they are tight and not broke. it took me for ever to find out why my bike was leaning to one side when u looked at it from the front but i put it on a stand and started taking measurements and finally found out the prob.

trouble shoot is only thing u can do besides take it to a dealership which = $$$$$

they also make a chain roller relocator that raises the upper roller up about an inch

pondy
12-06-2009, 04:27 AM
nothing is twisted
running houser swingar
already have pep relocator
sam