PDA

View Full Version : yfz shocks might be toast?

BakerRacing40
11-22-2009, 01:12 AM
went racing last night and went to do some shock tuning and my rebound isn't rebounding very quickly at all and won't return to full length.. two weeks ago i bottomed it out pretty hard in a cross county race..... haven't had any oil coming out and not bent. so could the psi in the shock be low due to the shock of being bottomed that hard? or what may be the cause? or any way to check them over?

they are stock front shocks on a 2004 yamaha yfz450

thanks for any help, i'm shock internals challenged.. lol

Colby@C&DRacing
11-23-2009, 09:06 AM
You may have a nitrogen problem. Your best option is to have them serviced and looked over by a qualified tech. The factory YFZ shock needs frequent servicing to keep the fluid clean and performing up to it potential.

BakerRacing40
11-23-2009, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
You may have a nitrogen problem. Your best option is to have them serviced and looked over by a qualified tech. The factory YFZ shock needs frequent servicing to keep the fluid clean and performing up to it potential.

how much would it cost to have c&d racing rebuild them. parts and all, if nothing unexpected is bent or broken? been thinking about getting new springs for them too but not sure what to go with on that either.. and i'm unsure if a re valve is in need for me or if just resealing would be fine? thanks for your help

Colby@C&DRacing
11-24-2009, 09:26 AM
On a 2004 YFZ shock that has never been serviced you would be looking at $70 for the service and $20 per shock for seals. A service alone will make a big difference from what you are use to with a worn out shock. If you are thinking about a respring I highly recommend revalving with high flow pistons while you have them apart. We charge $500 to do the front shocks alone or $900 for all three shocks including all new springs, high flow pistons, and valving this also includes the service.