PDA

View Full Version : gibson a arms??

mxpimp2000
11-21-2009, 06:18 PM
anyone have experience with removing the ball joint bearings on these? i knw the clip has to come out then the bearing. im only takin mine out to powder my arms so i wanna save them and not ruin them since they are really expensive

quadracer118
11-21-2009, 11:11 PM
put a socket in it and put it in a vice

CADWELL
11-22-2009, 03:29 PM
A socket and a press or vice like has been said.

eastside 400
11-24-2009, 06:31 PM
the clip on the gibsons is a spiral lock, you need to pretty much unscrew it kind of, its not a normal C-clip. then just press the spherical out

mxpimp2000
11-24-2009, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by eastside 400
the clip on the gibsons is a spiral lock, you need to pretty much unscrew it kind of, its not a normal C-clip. then just press the spherical out

i was wondering how that clip came out and if they were junk after removal

eastside 400
11-24-2009, 07:26 PM
if you are careful and no visible damage is noticed then i dont see why you cant reuse it

mxpimp2000
11-27-2009, 11:31 PM
well i cant seem to get these clips out to remove the bearings. they will not budge for nothing, how do these come out??

CADWELL
11-28-2009, 02:20 PM
Think of cutting 1 1/2 circles off of a Slinky toy...that's basicly the style of this clip.

At the end of the clip there should be a small notch that is cut out in order to fit a flat head screwdriver or pick to pull it put of the groove inside the ball joint cup. If the notch isn't there then get a nice sharp pick and press down on the end of the clip and pull the end out of the groove that way.

Once you work the end of the clip out grab a set of pliers and pull on the end of the clip working it out of the groove.

mxpimp2000
11-28-2009, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by CADWELL
Think of cutting 1 1/2 circles off of a Slinky toy...that's basicly the style of this clip.

At the end of the clip there should be a small notch that is cut out in order to fit a flat head screwdriver or pick to pull it put of the groove inside the ball joint cup. If the notch isn't there then get a nice sharp pick and press down on the end of the clip and pull the end out of the groove that way.

Once you work the end of the clip out grab a set of pliers and pull on the end of the clip working it out of the groove.

thanks man....i actually let the girl friend show me how too do it which makes u feel like a stupid idiot after she can do it and you cant. lol o well atleast they are out now haha