PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Gear

ATVMX33
11-21-2009, 03:27 PM
i just broke the stock 3rd gear in my 08 for the second time.

i'm going to put atp billet gears in this time but i wanted to see if anyone had any luck with a warranty or help from suzuki since they break all the time??
thanks

leasureryan
11-22-2009, 07:34 AM
no....suzuki will not help you out....to be honest....these quads should be just like the bikes...no warranty at all

tt racer
11-22-2009, 03:56 PM
Sad to see suzuki cant step it up! Thats the way it is with most:(

ATVMX33
11-22-2009, 04:06 PM
i know..there is no way they shouldnt fix it on the newer bikes at least

leasureryan
11-22-2009, 08:23 PM
Suzuki isn't even warrantying batteries right now...they spent over $1,000,000 alone just warrantying batteries alone, they have now told everyone that they are no longer paying for them, that is up to the customer, and servo motors for the exhaust valve actuators on the GSXR's is thier second highest money pit. It takes a certain percentage of bikes to fail before a recall is considered...even then it isn't a garuntee they will do a recall. I have an 08' and have absolutely no issues with it. and these things are race machines...parts fail, and every machine has thier weak spots...like TRX frames and RMZ valve stretching/cam journal warping, etc etc etc. If you putt around trails and don't race, there is no need for a quad that is supposed to be rebuilt after every 6 races...bite the bullet and put aftermarket parts in your quad....stock stems bend from any slight wreck...should those be recalled? Is every quad ran the same, conditions, rider error, etc. hard to justify a recall. or warranty replacement.

Canadian144
11-22-2009, 09:01 PM
Like I told you Caleb, my friend in Ontario who has an LTR450 (and races it frequently) got Suzuki of Canada to pay for it somehow!

I will send you a message on facebook with his name so you can ask him what he said to Suzuki to get them to pay for it.

ATVMX33
11-23-2009, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by leasureryan
Suzuki isn't even warrantying batteries right now...they spent over $1,000,000 alone just warrantying batteries alone, they have now told everyone that they are no longer paying for them, that is up to the customer, and servo motors for the exhaust valve actuators on the GSXR's is thier second highest money pit. It takes a certain percentage of bikes to fail before a recall is considered...even then it isn't a garuntee they will do a recall. I have an 08' and have absolutely no issues with it. and these things are race machines...parts fail, and every machine has thier weak spots...like TRX frames and RMZ valve stretching/cam journal warping, etc etc etc. If you putt around trails and don't race, there is no need for a quad that is supposed to be rebuilt after every 6 races...bite the bullet and put aftermarket parts in your quad....stock stems bend from any slight wreck...should those be recalled? Is every quad ran the same, conditions, rider error, etc. hard to justify a recall. or warranty replacement.

i see what u are saying...
3rd gear isnt like a steering stem bending though..there is a major problem with it...

ATVMX33
11-23-2009, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by Canadian144
Like I told you Caleb, my friend in Ontario who has an LTR450 (and races it frequently) got Suzuki of Canada to pay for it somehow!

I will send you a message on facebook with his name so you can ask him what he said to Suzuki to get them to pay for it.

replied..thanks!

Stiles86
12-01-2009, 01:48 PM
zuke fixed my tranny but im still sending out for atp gears, i just hope it makes it longer than 7 motos this time