PDA

View Full Version : tapping in for a second cooler?

bigbad400
11-21-2009, 12:52 PM
i want to run 2 stock oil coolers on the 400 but how do i piggy back them and such? can someone show me a setup like that? i want to make one go straight in to the other one. how do i do it with the stock lines. is a line connector from autozone gonna be good or is this under too much pressure for that?

gt400ex
11-21-2009, 05:44 PM
This is the install I did and has been working really well

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=384244&highlight=cooler

You may also look into four stroke techs cooler, theirs will run the cooled oil up into the valve train but for the price the tranny cooler is nice lol.

bigbad400
11-22-2009, 07:50 AM
http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/60350/10002/-1#

yall ever saw these befor? i think im gonna get 1 and a temp dipstick and see where i end up ill get another one if i have to.

sab24711
11-22-2009, 07:10 PM
jeggs 400ex oil coolers
google it

bigbad400
11-23-2009, 07:54 AM
thats the link i posted up..... jegs oil cooler is not made for the ex. its just an all purpose oil cooler.

i already ordered one. i think it will compliment the spal fan and make it run cool enough to drag race in the dunes on a hot day.

sab24711
11-23-2009, 02:14 PM
not jeggs sorry jaggs

ds268
11-23-2009, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by gt400ex
This is the install I did and has been working really well

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=384244&highlight=cooler

You may also look into four stroke techs cooler, theirs will run the cooled oil up into the valve train but for the price the tranny cooler is nice lol.

Glad its been working well. So far I have had no issues running it. I ran my 400 pretty hard this last weekend racing and duning and it performed flawless.

gt400ex
11-24-2009, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by ds268
Glad its been working well. So far I have had no issues running it. I ran my 400 pretty hard this last weekend racing and duning and it performed flawless.

Yea its an easy install and much cheaper then most of the other coolers. I ride dunes also and until I put this thing on I didnt realize how much power I was loosing lol, and when your doing tree shots you need all you can get.

EXinMB
11-27-2009, 04:42 PM
k im stil a lil confused i wanna get another stock 400ex cooler and just run 2 but i don't know how to plumb it. which is the pressure line on the motor and which is the return line. and which is in and which is out on the stock cooler. im sure if i look at it ill figure it out but if someone can explaine better that'd be great

gt400ex
11-27-2009, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by EXinMB
k im stil a lil confused i wanna get another stock 400ex cooler and just run 2 but i don't know how to plumb it. which is the pressure line on the motor and which is the return line. and which is in and which is out on the stock cooler. im sure if i look at it ill figure it out but if someone can explaine better that'd be great

If your sitting on the bike the line going into the rightside of the cooler would be in and left would be out. If you were to stack two coolers you would leave the stock one alone but mod the left line to go into the right of the extra cooler then come out of the left and back to the oil tank.

bigbad400
11-28-2009, 11:16 AM
just cut the rubber hose on the line to the cooler and use the ends from your second cooler to make one cooler feed into the next then to the tank, basically a pre inline cooler, by making them both fill off the same line and dump into the tank at the same time your not cooling it any more your only making it cool more oil at a time. by having one cooler drop into the next its getting the oil double cooled.

i got my jegs cooler in the mail today and it looks sweet, i will have plenty of room to mount it right behind the bumper standing up, and it will have a real nice clean look to it too. all the lines will be hidden and my spal fan will be on the factory cooler instead of this one for mounting purposes. (its 5.5 inch pusher instead of the usual 4" puller mounted in front of the cooler, works great too.)