PDA

View Full Version : Sparks Advance Key and a 416 Kit?

rdtrp13
11-20-2009, 11:45 PM
2000 400ex
I was wanting to know if you can use a Sparks Advance Key with a 416 kit, i was doing some reading on it and some say that you dont want to use the key with a higher displacement because it causes to much heat in the engine. Will it shorten the life of the engine or will it not effect it? Also i was wandering about which compression ratio is the best for this bike? Longeveity of the engine. 50/50 trails and track is what i ride. is there alot of difference in the the 2 416 kits compared to power? i am running stage 2 cam with normal upgrades pipe, k&n.
Thanks in advance for all the help

bkelley
11-20-2009, 11:52 PM
You'd probably want to go with one of Wheelie's +3 keys. And as far as compressions goes, it depends on what type of gas you want to run. If you just want to run pup gas, go with the lower compression. If you want to run race gas, go with the higher.

KISSmyACE
11-21-2009, 11:12 AM
Whats the difference between the Sparks Key and the Wheelie's +3 key? I was planning on buying a Sparks, but the boyfriend wants to put in a Stage 2 and 416 kit on my quad. I figured I'd have to just take the Sparks off. The Wheelies is a better replacement? Can I buy it from ebay or Rockymountain or anything?

bkelley
11-21-2009, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by KISSmyACE
Whats the difference between the Sparks Key and the Wheelie's +3 key? I was planning on buying a Sparks, but the boyfriend wants to put in a Stage 2 and 416 kit on my quad. I figured I'd have to just take the Sparks off. The Wheelies is a better replacement? Can I buy it from ebay or Rockymountain or anything? This is from Wheelie himself:

"It's for higher compression applications. Sparks 6° key creates too much heat when used with a high compression piston and causes detonation, even with 100+ octane fuel. My 3° keys will work great for someone running 11:1 compression and wanting to add more power at the cost of running at least 100 octane fuel."

You can buy them directly from Wheelie here: http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=414990&highlight=wheelie

rdtrp13
11-23-2009, 09:09 AM
so running the wheelie key wont effect the the 416 with a stage 2, i dont mind running race gas since it have it around for my smoker. how much difference in power is there between the different 416 kits?