PDA

View Full Version : Too Hot at idle!

torqen2k1
11-20-2009, 03:41 PM
Well my quad runs to lean at idle and cant figure out why. Got a YFZ/fcr 39mm carb and as of now i got a 72 pilot jet and started from a 52 pilot and worked my way up. The reason i know it is to lean, is that the header is cherry red:mad: when it has been idleing for longer than a minute. I have played around with then fuel/mixture screw and doesent realy help. Also when im ridin and let off the throttle it idles high for about five seconds and goes down.

speedfreek
11-20-2009, 06:13 PM
I may be wrong but would raising the needle help? Put the clip in one lower notch.

brianengy
11-20-2009, 10:19 PM
Check the jetting sticky at the top. That explains everything that you're asking. You need to bump up your pilot jet.

01 416EX
11-21-2009, 07:14 AM
It could be possible that you have a vaccume leak at or around the intake boot or carb.

katch26
11-21-2009, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by brianengy
Check the jetting sticky at the top. That explains everything that you're asking. You need to bump up your pilot jet.
hes already running a 72

Originally posted by 01 416EX
It could be possible that you have a vaccume leak at or around the intake boot or carb.
this
somethings wrong if youre running a 72 pilot on an fcr

The intake boot on an FCR is critical. The shoulder on its very tiny and will pop off.. also hanging idle is usually a symtomof a vacuum leak or too large of a pilot.

torqen2k1
11-22-2009, 08:59 AM
i checked for any intake leaks with carb cleaner while the motor is running and nothing but im gonna try dropping the needle one clip down.