PDA

View Full Version : snowboards

KFX450Rrider490
11-20-2009, 03:23 PM
id kinda imagine that a few members on here ride so i figured id ask what are some good brands, ones to stay away from, i just have no clue because its my first one so and if your wondering ive been riding for 3 years steady on rentals but i want one of my own so any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Gut_House
11-20-2009, 03:32 PM
Ride snowboards for sure..great quality and the price is not to bad..i would recommend going to an expo event where they sale all out of date models, that's where i got my ride set-up and it's amazing

631kfx400
11-21-2009, 07:12 AM
i ride an alibi board, Burton custom bindings, and thirty-two boots. i absolutely love it!
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh39/631kfx400/002-1.jpg

Honda4life05
11-21-2009, 10:11 AM
i just got a forum manual with burton boots and bindings. should start snowing in the next few days!:)

Zakradu398
11-21-2009, 10:21 AM
K2 darkstar wide, K2 sweater bindings, K2 darko boots

2to4
11-21-2009, 01:53 PM
ok first off i would have to say get a burton board. they have awsome beginner boards. if you dont like the price go for a ride or maybe like a k2. but to be honest with you rental boards are the worste boards you can ride so anythings better...unless you rented one for the season those boards arent to bad. was it saloman those are usually what they rent for the season. back to what i was saying, theres not realy any brands to stay away from with your first board. i would say get something that fits (goes up to between chin and nose) and thats in your price range

Redrider99
11-21-2009, 03:29 PM
I have 3 boards that I ride all season in comps and for fun. all forum. a manual 147 for rails, destroyer 156 for slope style and out west, and a young blood 148 for all around. bindings i have forum republics and they are my favorite bindings ive ever ridden. boots i ride burton freestyle and burton motos. Forum is great quality you cant go wrong

honda400ex2003
11-21-2009, 06:56 PM
i have ridden burton for about 8 years. I have a bullet and a vapor. Love both and would recommend them to anyone. steve

gojk
11-21-2009, 10:35 PM
I will give you the same advice that was given to me when I was looking to buy. Go and demo boards to figure out which one you like. Go to your local ride/skate shop and they will have demo/rental boards of all of this years and last years models. Tell them what type of riding you like doing and that you are looking to figure out which board to buy.
Most will credit the demo cost towards the board if you decide to buy that model from them. I recently went through this for the summer when looking for a wakeboard and I couldn't be happier.

The first few boards I tried, I hated. The last few were awesome and it made it really easy to decide which board to buy.

11-21-2009, 10:46 PM
Ride

Tommy Warren
11-21-2009, 11:12 PM
are nitro boards any good??? I bought a board, boots, gloves, goggles, helmet, and two sets of bindings that were nitro.....rode once and I hate snowboarding......are they worth anything?

440racer66
11-22-2009, 12:22 AM
depends on size man what ya got i might could work you out a deal.

mysticfalcon
11-22-2009, 04:33 AM
Get a few lessons and get a few days under your belt before you spend money on a board. Snowboarding is usually pretty rough for the first 5 days or so and a lot of people never put in the effort to get past that. Ive got a couple boards Ive bought from people like that. They put 3 days on it and didnt like getting hurt and falling so they sold them cheep to get rid of them.
If you are going to get a board Id suggest either a Burton or a Smokin. Ive had good luck with both. Ive dealt with a few other brands but not as much. Right now I have 3 burtons, 1 Smokin, 1 Winterstick and one Voile splitboard. Any of the major companies makes a decent board just get something a little on the softer side and it will be easier to learn on. Then move up to a stiff all mountain board.

John Noftsinger
11-22-2009, 10:11 AM
I have 95" burton 156 /prototype/demo board I still ride ,Its made better than the manufactors sold in stores. I ride backcountry/slopes with and would never change boards till I found one with same feel to it ,rode others there to light and flimsy to me but then i haven,t tryed them all !

rodeo#11
11-22-2009, 11:57 AM
i ride a gnu danny kass terror pro model 155 with ride ls bindings and northwave vintage boots