PDA

View Full Version : Need Aftermarkrt Help!!!!

lkay87
11-20-2009, 02:27 PM
i have a 90 Yamaha warrior and i have a stage one hot cam and its bored 60 over i keep hitting the rev limiter and i dont know why also i want to find a used HMF exhuast for a warrior and i would like to know if anyone knowes any other parts i can get for it used and new

beastlywarrior
11-21-2009, 10:09 AM
warrior actually dont have rev limiters but id recommend gearing it for a little more top end. used hmfs are hard to come by and when they do come up theyre usually an outrageous high price i searched for awhile and ended up getting a megamax for $60 pulled the discs off and made a turndown

Ogener
11-22-2009, 11:35 PM
warrior rev limiters are set with the valves springs. With your hot cam it is too agressive for the valve springs and they are floating too soon. This means that you need stiffer valve springs to get the rpms back up to par with what they should be.

lkay87
11-23-2009, 03:20 PM
i wasnt aware that the warriors didnt have a rev limiter i found a cdi box on ebay that had nine poer curves so that you wouldnt touch the limiter if its alll controlled by valve springs like you say then what do i need to do to control that, also i have a megemax exhaust with a turn down also

Ogener
11-23-2009, 04:55 PM
Your going to need stiffer valve springs to get your revs back up. The issue I think you are having right now is that the cam is to agressive for the stock valve springs and is causing the valves to float to soon, thus shortining your rpm range.

Ogener
11-23-2009, 04:59 PM
Also check out http://yfm350.proboards.com/ is a forum dedicated to warriors and raptor 350s, its not as active as it used to be but theres still some good infromation on it.