PDA

View Full Version : Pics Of my Widend Front End...

ShiftFMX
01-17-2003, 09:57 AM
Heres Sum pics of my Widend front end...

ShiftFMX
01-17-2003, 09:58 AM
Another...

ShiftFMX
01-17-2003, 10:02 AM

HondaRancherES
01-17-2003, 10:24 AM
Nice 250EX.

NTPRacing#19
01-17-2003, 10:54 AM
flip the rims? lol

01-17-2003, 10:58 AM
askin for trouble.......thats nto a good thing to do

lil400exman
01-17-2003, 11:05 AM
yep free ride you said it it makes ur suspesion feel softer cause ur weight is more spread out and it also stresses out your rims and spindles............and also exposes your brake pads and stuff to not the best of conditions................

Str8Wicked
01-17-2003, 03:34 PM
not to mention how many people have done this and tore off there valve stem...

rider250ex
01-17-2003, 03:43 PM
i get what you guys are saying about how its not good but plenty of people have dont it before without problems. and also what do you expect those of us with 250ex's to do to make it wider we cant get wider a-arms plus thats too much money to put into a 250ex. just what i think.

lil400exman
01-17-2003, 04:00 PM
well it will cost you more if you have problems just buying offest rims...................not shocks plastics and stuff if you get in a accident and rotors and stuff since there showin................

Ex_Rider43
01-17-2003, 07:54 PM
yeah the shocks will bottom alot easier ...

are you freestyling with your 250 anymore??

the pics you post a while ago were crazy!!

forum
01-18-2003, 09:59 AM
i don't think rim offset has and effect on leverage on your shock. only on or spindles. So it wont make suspension softer it'll just put stress on you spindles

edit: I think this might be wrong

kicken250x
01-18-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by forum
i don't think rim offset has and effect on leverage on your shock. only on or spindles. So it wont make suspension softer it'll just put stress on you spindles

I think you are wrong. Because if you think about it when you get extended A-arms you have to get your shocke revalved because there is more leaverage on them. Please correct me if Im wrong. Later...

kicken250x
01-18-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by forum

I think you are wrong. Because if you think about it when you get extended A-arms you have to get your shocke revalved because there is more leaverage on them. Please correct me if Im wrong. Later...

forum
01-18-2003, 11:05 AM
yes but thats a totaly different measurement. Your spindle is still in the same position no matter your rim offset, and thats ware all the leaverage is. Its hard for me to explain. Like ummm. but i could be wrong. but I know having a rim 1 inch wider compared to 1 inch wider 1 arms the a arms will increase leaverage more then the rims. and im not sure if the rims will increase any leverage. I'll talk to elka about this

forum
01-18-2003, 11:18 AM
This is a diagram to try and explain. No matter what your rim offset is there is always going to be the same amount of force pushing up on the a arms.

The ball joints are blue, the a arms and frame is black, the spindle is red. the hub is green, the shock is brown. its a front view of only half of the front end without the rim/tire..

kicken250x
01-19-2003, 12:47 PM
i think i have found a wayto either proved you wrong or make me look stupid! (THINK being the key word there lol) i will let you know when i get my x put back together or you can do it today (i cant cause im sick) take your rims and turn them around backerds and and jump on your front bumper see if your suspension feels softer than befor? just an idea. Later...

ShiftFMX
01-19-2003, 01:32 PM
I Trimmed the Plastics on the brake disc cover and the valve stem doesnt hit that ne more. I havent really got a Chance to jump with the rims switched My double is really eroded down cause some people with a banshee and a trailblazer came on my track and were afraid to double it and just kept riding over it and the jump has ruts all over it now.

And with my riding...I'm having a little in school. So, I cant ride until i get my grades up. Im getting there tho, So, I'll start riding again soon. And our main Freestyle table got bulldozed by the owner of the property so were prolly gonna built sum metal ramps this summer and I'll be able to do sum sweet tricks on tha 250. But Im not gonna have it for much longer, cause If i get to keep it (if my grades go up) then Im gonna sell it for a 400 or an R.