PDA

View Full Version : Lost key

MX MaNiAc 06
11-19-2009, 07:40 PM
Welp I haven't ridden in over a month due to my axle bearings going out. So now I'm waiting on parts to come in and I cannot find my key anywhere. So if I don't find my key how am I supposed to get this mother started?

spanky101
11-19-2009, 10:45 PM
I believe there is a way to go around the whole key. I would call Baldwin and see if they gut the stock harness and if they do see if they take out the key wire

FW_cArBoN
11-20-2009, 07:18 AM
I've removed the key's on two of the KTM's that I've had. We actually had issues with the contacts becoming loose in the switch and the engine would cut out while riding.

If you pull your key apart, you'll be able to see the wires that need to be connected, if you wish to hardwire them. There are 4 wires, but I cannot remember off hand the colors that need to be connected. The only issues with this is your fan will run for awhile after you ride, and you have no way of switching it off.

If not, you'll have to either get another ignition switch ( which I've done when i lost a key on my ktm ) or you will have check and see if your dealer has a spare as you should have gotten one with the purchase on your machine.

Jay

predatorlee
12-05-2009, 10:59 AM
I lost mine and the local locksmith made one easlily. Just take the switch to them.