View Full Version : He became a man today

slightlybent47
11-19-2009, 05:27 PM
Well my nephew who is like a son to me, just turned 21 today, is going into the army and was sworn in today.
He was so warred about the entry test but scored a 91 and was able to choose the carrier path he wanted, military intelligence.
I’m so proud of him.

BakerRacing40
11-19-2009, 05:32 PM
that's awesome, congrats to him and congrats to you too

Pappy
11-19-2009, 05:45 PM
Thanks to him and congrats to you!!!

Tell him that is a misnomer...Military Intelligence haha ;)

slightlybent47
11-19-2009, 06:15 PM
I have a cozen Bethany who is in the army and another Susan who works in the pentagon and another aunt Carol who also works at the pentagon. I also have a cozen Daniel who is a helicopter pilot on his second tour overseas, once in Iraq and he is in Afghanistan now.
And today Michael army military Intelligence.
Yes we are truly blest with some outstanding young men and woman in our family.

honda400ex2003
11-19-2009, 06:23 PM
congrats to all and hope it all goes the way he hopes. on the other hand, and not to take away from your post, my appologies, we gotta get you a spell checker or dictionary. :D lol. Congrats again, it is great to hear that some country pride is still out there. steve

slightlybent47
11-19-2009, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by honda400ex2003
congrats to all and hope it all goes the way he hopes. on the other hand, and not to take away from your post, my appologies, we gotta get you a spell checker or dictionary. :D lol. Congrats again, it is great to hear that some country pride is still out there. steve

Yeah it’s pretty bad when spell check doesn’t even know what I am trying to say. LOL!!!!!
Gotta love it!!!!

Thanks Cyfair ISD.:uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh:

honda400ex2003
11-19-2009, 06:36 PM
oh yeah lol. i hardly followed it with cousin spelled cozen. lol. i know there was something about a spell check that could be downloaded on here to help it pick stuff out a while back, maybe pappy has some info on it still. I am not sure on this but firefox may also spell check. the ones at school do anyway, it may just be an add on for it though. steve

Pappy
11-19-2009, 06:40 PM
Trust me, you dont want me getting involved in anything technical about computers:p

I admit, "cozen" stumped me for a second but I got it:p

I read so much I just blow through most mistakes. I try and get people to email me instead of calling on the phone due to my bad hearing, I can deal with mispelled words better then I can missing half the conversation:blah:

slightlybent47
11-19-2009, 08:04 PM
Thanks guys for your thoughts and comments.
Pride sure feels good.