PDA

View Full Version : I got a STIFFY!! Anybody else have one??

fuddrucker
01-17-2003, 09:08 AM
:D hehe, sorry about that, I just couldn't resist. Ok, on to my question.....

I bought a two lighted whips. They are made by Stiffy. They have just a standard automotive tail light socket on the tip and use a standard tail light.

The problem is that I exchanged one because the light had a short in it. Now, both of them do. That makes a total of three whips now in six months that the light either shorts (on and off while riding, stays on when the whip is standing still) or stops working all together. I have traced it down to the socket itself. I am planning on just putting in a new socket cause I think the one it comes with is just cheap or at least wired crappy. I have not exposed the connection yet.

Does anyone else have one of these? If so, how has yours been working?

Thanks!

Str8Wicked
01-17-2003, 09:55 AM
I have a lighted whip I got in Glamis. It has a battery operated light which is good for up to 200 hours of use. The good thing is it motion sensative so it only turns on when it's moving. It is a tire fly which they basically made to fit on the end of a whip. Buy one of these. They are cheaper and mine has lasted through 3 glamis trips with no problem and is still going strong.

TORO1968
01-17-2003, 02:42 PM
Have you guys seen a product called the Gecko Glow Whip? They advertise it in the back of Dirt Wheels. It looks to be a pretty cool product, based on what I've read on their website. http://www.geckoglowhips.com

-Jordan

fuddrucker
01-17-2003, 02:53 PM
Nope, never heard of them. They look cool though. Thanks for the link.