PDA

View Full Version : popping noise from rear end irs outlaw

bossman525
11-19-2009, 04:10 PM
tore my left side boot. it got a little water and some mud and what not inside the carrier. when i got it it home it was making a popping noise. tore it apart, cleaned everything real good cv joint still in good shape and put a new boot on. rode it down the road and at slow speeds its still making the popping noise. has anybody expierenced the same problem? any ideas or solutions are greatly appreciated.

miles Machine
11-19-2009, 09:25 PM
bad joint needs replacing

sleddog66
11-21-2009, 06:46 AM
Probably bad cv joint, but many have had issue with inside carrier bearings also. (made in china)

woods racer 34
12-28-2009, 06:14 PM
Check the shock bushings on the upper rear shock mounts. I had to replace all 4 sets of mine front and rear due to them cracking. They are very cheaply made. I'm looking at machining billet aluminum ones so I don't have to keep replacing the cheap stock ones. More than likely this is the sound you are hearing.

SSJEFF
12-28-2009, 11:49 PM
Also check you chain, the IRS requires the chain to be somewhat tight(refer to the manual)compared to SRA quads. If the chain is a loose it will hit the frame.

Also check the rear bearings. Grab the sprocket with one hand and the rotor with the other. Pushing and ulling there should be not movement but rotation.

al capone
12-29-2009, 07:20 PM
^^^^^^^ You hit that my quad lost the bearings and that is the best way to check em