PDA

View Full Version : 2009 450 xxc

warr72
11-19-2009, 08:36 AM
Are there any major issues with this quad. I just bought a new 2009 450 xxc for five grand with the mx shocks, mx tires and rims included. :eek2:

kellymi
11-19-2009, 05:33 PM
1) Make sure the clutch has been updated. Early 09s didn't have the update.

2) Its to be determined if they fixed the case problem on the 09s. I have been racing mine the whole year and haven't noticed a problem with it yet. But then again I haven't looked that close. All I know is that mine is not leaking oil.

Otherwise I haven't had any trouble with my 09.:)

warr72
11-23-2009, 01:48 PM
All good so far with the new xc, but need more power. I found a wire harness unplugged under the seat, the end of the harness went to a small grey box. Also there was a blue wire with this harness that was unplugged. I plugged this haness back into that small grey box, but found no where for the blue wire to hook into. The pink wire mod ok to do on the 09's?

TNT
11-23-2009, 11:36 PM
Yes take out the arrestor, the lid off and cut it...you'll notice some good power. One of the wires is for BUDDS diagnostic can't remember the color.

Heres a list of stuff that can go out we carry to races.....

Parts List

1- Battery

1- ECU Adaptor

1- coolant temp sensor

1- starter relay solenoid

1- relay

1- inner clutch hub

1- outer clutch basket

8- steal clutch plates

9- fiber clutch plates

1-upper a-arm ball joint

1- lower a-arm ball joint

1- tie rod assembly (comes with inner and outer balljoints and tie rod; comes already assembled)

1- chain

1- Manual

PS; We got a XMX. Once we got er running she's doing real well! Excellent quad so far. Despite the 08 clutch issues we are seeing some higher than normal stock clutch life, no frame issues, no case issues, tie rods and ends look a little weak, relays go out often, heard the CTS does too, just $30 carry parts no biggie!

warr72
11-24-2009, 04:56 PM
Got the xxc broke in and finally got to open it up and did a few mods. Well within an hour after dialing in the shocks and ergonomics the way I like them I pulled three seconds off my best time on my xc test track. :blah: My other quad is a fully built 08 TRX. The new xxc reminds me of the old 250R and once I get this dialed in I have a feeling the competition will be watching the same view when i rode the 250R.