PDA

View Full Version : electrical problem...help

kawasakiracer
11-19-2009, 07:44 AM
05 kfx, push start button nothing happens. Fuse is good. Replaced on/off cluster still nothing. Replaced starter selanoid still nothing. Decided to plug the stock rev box in and give it a try and still nothing but when I turn the power button to on the hot light lights up. ????????????????????. What the hell ?????????
Any ideas?......bad wire, wires touching somewhere....???, like I said...What the hell???

ifixtheyride
11-19-2009, 02:03 PM
What about the starter relay is it anygood. Following the heavy positive wire from the battery it goes to the relay. Jumper the relay with a screwdriver or heavy wire does it turn starter? You can also measure voltage at relay and solinoid to see if it is getting there. If there is voltage at the solinoid the starter is bad.

jemerick05
11-19-2009, 03:08 PM
Did you try the neutral switch on the clutch perch???

kawasakiracer
11-19-2009, 04:18 PM
I guess that is what i replaced the relay....not the solinoid. It doesnt click or anything. Its like no power is getting to the push start ( but the lights and power on off work) I jumped a wire from the battery to the starter at it cranked fine.
The relay and on/off, start button cluster are new.

kawasakiracer
11-19-2009, 04:21 PM
all that neutral/ safety switch stuff was removed years ago.

cataway
11-19-2009, 06:33 PM
i know of one ltz that the push button went bad ,it was full of sand.
it later got hot and burned a hole though the button , burned the guys thumb.

if it is the button a push kill switch may be a great replacment

ifixtheyride
11-20-2009, 10:00 AM
maybe when the nuetral safety switch and stuff was removed awhile ago the wires were jumpered then and came loose or coroded if not soldered?