PDA

View Full Version : Yfz 450 50th anniversary or banshee?

Clousersyfz
11-19-2009, 07:19 AM
Hello I have been trying to think, What 4 wheeler would be better a stock yfz or a banshe? Plz let me no?

11-19-2009, 06:32 PM
What type of riding are you doing?

Both bone stock down to the exhaust,

Power- The YFZ450 is ever so slightly faster. The banshee's stock exhaust system is set for bottom end power and restricted so it's hindered greatly. Throw a full exhaust on both and the Banshee is a little faster.

There's no doubt the YFZ handles better. It's a much newer quad. The seat is kind of hard. Banshee's have a couch-like seat and a soft ride. Pretty comfortable and the ergonomics are good, but the shocks definitely need upgrading.

If you ride dunes/wide open territory, banshee hands down. If you throw MX and woods into the mix, YFZ.

907Rider
11-19-2009, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX
What type of riding are you doing?

Both bone stock down to the exhaust,

Power- The YFZ450 is ever so slightly faster. The banshee's stock exhaust system is set for bottom end power and restricted so it's hindered greatly. Throw a full exhaust on both and the Banshee is a little faster.

There's no doubt the YFZ handles better. It's a much newer quad. The seat is kind of hard. Banshee's have a couch-like seat and a soft ride. Pretty comfortable and the ergonomics are good, but the shocks definitely need upgrading.

If you ride dunes/wide open territory, banshee hands down. If you throw MX and woods into the mix, YFZ.

Bingo :cool:

- end discussion

Clousersyfz
11-19-2009, 09:19 PM
Well I have a yfz now but idk I like the 2 stroke power alot better , but I like open riding and trails and I raced a couple banshees with my yfz(stock) on stock and the banshees beat me, so do u think I should sell tk buy one or trade evenly?

miles Machine
11-19-2009, 09:36 PM
you could have both all in one....lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhgbh75wDRQ&feature=related

11-20-2009, 04:07 AM
You can do it either way. I'm sure there's people out there willing to trade a sweet banshee for a 450 or if you sell it, there are tons of them out there. So either way you should be good.

And if you like 2-stroke power.. you'll love the banshee. And if that banshee was stock, they're different animals with a set of pipes.

Rich250RRacer
11-26-2009, 09:31 PM
There is far more potential in the Banshee motor, probably more than any other quad ever built. You can build the Banshee motor to pull 60-80 HP relatively cheap and still be very reliable. You will not do that with any of the four-strokes without having a ton of money in it and a time bomb on your hands.

11-27-2009, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by Rich250RRacer
There is far more potential in the Banshee motor, probably more than any other quad ever built. You can build the Banshee motor to pull 60-80 HP relatively cheap and still be very reliable. You will not do that with any of the four-strokes without having a ton of money in it and a time bomb on your hands.

Exactly. A 450 at 65hp is just saying "kill me now"

Whereas the banshee will be just fine. 65hp is nothing for them. Just stock cylinders ported and a head. lol.