PDA

View Full Version : Got to love cops

gt400ex
11-19-2009, 02:30 AM
Well theres been a lot of threads around cops on here lately, it seems, so I thought I would show everyone what was on AOL when I went to check my mail.

http://news.aol.com/article/milford-connecticut-police-officer-jason/773587?icid=main|main|dl5|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fnews. aol.com%2Farticle%2Fmilford-connecticut-police-officer-jason%2F773587

Tommy Warren
11-19-2009, 02:43 AM
Cops street racing.......imagine that! what a douche bag

flammable
11-19-2009, 02:59 AM
surprised it took that long for em to be caught

BakerRacing40
11-19-2009, 03:41 AM
wow that's bad.. rip to the teens killed..

i've seen cops race around my town for no reason and have argued with people on several levels to inform them of what goes on, the worst that i was actually a witness to was a local cruiser was racing another officer that was in his personal truck and the cruiser was very close to rear ending my truck.. bad deal.. but just startled me, wish those kids didn't have to pay the price for just being there...

CHAR250R
11-19-2009, 06:57 AM
That accident happened about 20 minutes from me. It's getting ALOT of attention.

rooster300ex
11-19-2009, 07:08 AM
RIP why would u turn right into a car coming down the road that fast though. cop is definetly in the wrong. man that is just to bad.

Pappy
11-19-2009, 07:14 AM
It is sometimes difficult to judge a car traveling at high speed. The distance closed quick at 94 mph.

RIP, very bad situation

fast426
11-19-2009, 07:14 AM
On a road where the speed limit is probably 45 or so, you don't expect someone to be going double that. The car probably didn't look like it was going that fast to the kids.

rooster300ex
11-19-2009, 07:31 AM
yea it was night time too. that didn't help with judgement

stuntin andy
11-19-2009, 08:00 AM
cops are the biggest Hippocrates in the world!

csr250r
11-19-2009, 08:57 AM
^^

I know a few like that.

One_Bad_400
11-19-2009, 09:36 AM
R.I.P. kids

um..... i've raced a few cops. lol..... one time i was driving ~65mph down a road near my house (50mph speed limit) and a cop pulled up next to me and gave me the thumbs up and we got to about 85mph before we had to slow down to make our turn. lol. but this was a road back in the corn fields. no busy intersections to slam into people.

dehner47
11-19-2009, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by rooster300ex
RIP why would u turn right into a car coming down the road that fast though. cop is definetly in the wrong. man that is just to bad.

just like pappy stated, yes its hard to judge the rate of speed of a fast approching car. one cause there only 19yrs old and are not experienced unough to judge thos rates of speed.and also, its a dark out and the cops car was black. very hard to jugde speed, let alone at night and with a dark color car approaching. the cop deserves to rot in jail just like one of us would if we were the ones who killed those kids.

my thoughts and preyers go out to the @ kids families :(

dehner47
11-19-2009, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400
R.I.P. kids

um..... i've raced a few cops. lol..... one time i was driving ~65mph down a road near my house (50mph speed limit) and a cop pulled up next to me and gave me the thumbs up and we got to about 85mph before we had to slow down to make our turn. lol. but this was a road back in the corn fields. no busy intersections to slam into people.

and dude, back roads, straight roads, lit roads, dark roads, dirt roads, paved roads,dead end roads, roads with no intersection, roads with intersections, rural roads. IT DONT MATTER. cops should not be racing anyone while on duty. let alone in there cruisers. abosolutly patetic that "we" get tickets and arrested for things like that. "they" should not be doing those kinda things. these "cops" are suppose to "protect and serve" us. not act like a bunch of hypracrits(sp) and race around like they above the law. cause this is the kinda stuff happens.and it happens way to often. and 99% of the time, they get off scotch free. all cause they carry that lil copper shield. now go and explain that one to these 2 19yr old kids parents. :grr:

Pappy
11-19-2009, 11:31 AM
It's bad enough to have to tell the parents their kid is dead due to an accident, but having involve misconduct of a LEO just adds to the waste of it all.

Just like high speed chases that end in the death of innocent people over an issue that in the grand scheme of things is petty.....more waste of life.

The sad part, more of this will have to happen before anything changes.

dehner47
11-19-2009, 11:38 AM
agree 100% with ya Pap. but you know like i do it will never change. cops been doing this same crap since we both probably can remember. its sad. and it will never change.

i sit in an office over looking the major intersection in my small town. and you guys would be amazed at all the almost car crashes involving cops and innocent people in there cars. again, i watch it EVERYDAY. these cops running intersections @ 80 mph with no regard for anyone else. and most of the time, its to go and pull someone over for not using a turn signal. come on now cops, is issuing your lil $55 no blinker ticket worth that much that you gonna kill someone driving, or let alond come crashing into my front window of my office and killing me or my parents. its not worth it in my book..

Pappy
11-19-2009, 11:53 AM
What I cant understand, is there are so many officers with these dashboard cameras.....you know sooner or later someone is going to see it(another officer or superior) and you will get in trouble (just stupidty in general caught on video) Why in the world would offciers do stupid stuff knowing the odds are against them. It just proves they are people to but I would hope they had more smarts then they are showing these days.

01 400EXer
11-19-2009, 12:46 PM
My brother-in-law is a cop and like stated above they are the biggest hippocrits out there. Don't get me wrong my brother-in-law and myself get along great and we are really good friends. I have known him since elementary school. I attend a few cop functions with him a year and believe me most of the cops heads are so big that they think they are above the law, including my brother-in-law sometimes. It is almost like a fraternity to see who can do the dumbest and stupidest thing and know or think that nothing will happen to them.

Unfortunately 2 lives were taken in this instance and it should not have happened because 2 cops screwing aroung and racing or whatever they were doing. I hope this guy gets what he deserves.

Robin Hood
11-19-2009, 01:33 PM
RIP.

We had a similar accident like this in the town next to me. I was called out on EMS duty to pick up what was left of the kid...

Younger guy was trying to outrun the cops on a street bike. Cop down the road saw the biker coming and pulled out right into his path with an SUV. Couldn't find a piece of the bike or the rider and the SUV was literally cut in half.

And on another note, I found this earlier today - Drunken cop beating up a 125 pound female bartender. Cop only got a 2 year probation, no jail. http://www.chicagotribune.com/videobeta/?watchId=e6976356-30e1-4d52-bffe-a3705928ac17

Robin Hood
11-19-2009, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
It is sometimes difficult to judge a car traveling at high speed. The distance closed quick at 94 mph.

RIP, very bad situation

There was absolutely no way that those kids were going anywhere near 94mph in that video.

I'm betting they were below 60mph when they took that turn.

Although I will say that with the kids going 60+ and the cruiser going 70+, there was absolutely no reaction time.

Who the hell would slam into a car at 70+ mph on purpose anyway?

gt400ex
11-19-2009, 01:45 PM
IT DONT MATTER. cops should not be racing anyone while on duty. let alone in there cruisers. abosolutly patetic that "we" get tickets and arrested for things like that. "they" should not be doing those kinda things. these "cops" are suppose to "protect and serve" us. not act like a bunch of hypracrits(sp) and race around like they above the law. cause this is the kinda stuff happens.and it happens way to often. and 99% of the time, they get off scotch free. all cause they carry that lil copper shield. now go and explain that one to these 2 19yr old kids parents. :grr:

This is how I felt when I saw this.

dehner47
11-19-2009, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Robin Hood
There was absolutely no way that those kids were going anywhere near 94mph in that video.

I'm betting they were below 60mph when they took that turn.

Although I will say that with the kids going 60+ and the cruiser going 70+, there was absolutely no reaction time.

Who the hell would slam into a car at 70+ mph on purpose anyway?

i think the cop was the one doing 94mph. not the kids. and i dont care if they were going 200mph and the cop only doing 60mph. the cop is wrong for racing his buddy like they in the Indy 500.

and lets get the fact together kids. driving down the road @ 50-60mph and a car (black car at night) coming the other direction @ 80-100mph will come up on you very very fast. especially if you are a new driver. like these 19yr old kids were. its hard to judge speed and distance if your not use to goin or seing someone go those speeds. please kids, lets take this as the lesson of the day. a speeding car comes up on you very fast. even more when its coming the opposite direction. cause if the car your traveling is going 70 and the car you hit is going 90. the speed of the impact is close to if not over 160mph. its hard to judge anything traveling those speeds. even if you are a good driver. and again, even harder to judge when the car is a black cop car. end of story.. :mad:

bens250ex
11-19-2009, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
What I cant understand, is there are so many officers with these dashboard cameras.....you know sooner or later someone is going to see it(another officer or superior) and you will get in trouble (just stupidty in general caught on video) Why in the world would offciers do stupid stuff knowing the odds are against them. It just proves they are people to but I would hope they had more smarts then they are showing these days.

They do stupid things cause they can get away with it....i work for a police station and i hear from the cops all the time about making it from one town to another in less than 5 mins(distance around 15 miles).....just for somethin small. The night crew drive like crazies...they wont pull tape unless somethin bad happend, and if they do they can just say oh i had to do this that and the other and the chief of whoever will just say ok.

ridered11
11-19-2009, 03:04 PM
Cops are people too, everyone does stupid sh*t and this one turned out to be a horrible accident. The cop should have swerved, she shouldn't have turned blah blah blah. Bottom line is that the officer shouldn't have been doing that. But police officers shouldn't be held to higher standard because of their badge, they are people too. The stuff they go through on a day to day basis is unreal and allot of times results in them making poor decisions like this one. Yes it was a horrible accident, but I feel like all people do on here is rip on police officers. Have some respect for the people that protect you. Don't take one persons actions and use it to describe all cops. You wouldn't want to be looked at as the idiot ATV enthusiast not wearing a helmet doing donuts on a golf course just because one person did it.

440racer66
11-19-2009, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by ridered11
Cops are people too, everyone does stupid sh*t and this one turned out to be a horrible accident. The cop should have swerved, she shouldn't have turned blah blah blah. Bottom line is that the officer shouldn't have been doing that. But police officers shouldn't be held to higher standard because of their badge, they are people too. The stuff they go through on a day to day basis is unreal and allot of times results in them making poor decisions like this one. Yes it was a horrible accident, but I feel like all people do on here is rip on police officers. Have some respect for the people that protect you. Don't take one persons actions and use it to describe all cops. You wouldn't want to be looked at as the idiot ATV enthusiast not wearing a helmet doing donuts on a golf course just because one person did it.
to say they are not to be held at a higher standard is a joke. they have a badge and training in LAW ENFORCEMENT. this guy should be crucified. and one bad apple example doesnt work when you have access to a computer or a tv. fire one up and at least one case a day is cops abusing their power.

yellowhonda400
11-21-2009, 08:37 PM
i live around this area and i do not think the cops were racing each other bt it was still effin stiuped of them. its b.s. because most likly the cops will just get kicked of the force and thatsit. the state will handle the rest but its b.s.

wrekd
11-21-2009, 10:55 PM
Thats just sad. They should put something in those cars to monitor speed. Depending on where they patrol, there should be a certain speed they're allowed to go in pursuit. Anything over that and the tape should get reviewed.

And the second video...How the hell could the other guys in the bar just stand there and do NOTHING about that POS?? He woulda caught a bar stool upside the head around here. If not beaten to death.

slightlybent47
11-21-2009, 11:38 PM
I think they can turn the camera on and off when they want too. It should be like a black box and be tamper proof. The old do as I say, not as I do. They are supposed to lead by example. They probably just got desk duty with pay till the story died down; I mean till the investigation was over. Power corrupts all. Try to shoot video of a cop on duty and see how far you get. I’ll bet there is an unofficial curse in the academy that teaches them how to cover there ***. I remember years ago there was some cops caught with throw down guns in there patrol cars and some were even caught using them to cover there *** after a shooting.