PDA

View Full Version : Cutting Plastic

FISH ON!
11-18-2009, 06:25 PM
I'm looking for some feedback on cutting the front plastic on the tank side of the bars to slide it off without romoving the handle bars and everything attached to the bars. It worked great on the DRR we had but the plastic is quite a bit different on the APEX and I don't want to screw it up. Thumbs up or thumbs down? I don't want to end up with a big gap and flexing plastic.

Thanks,

todd

redonkulousruntsracing
11-18-2009, 07:32 PM
If I was to do it, I would cut straight back towards the gas cap and under the seat. I think it would spread apart nicely and the it could be stitched back together without being too noticeable.

Logan #34's Dad
11-20-2009, 08:22 PM
Hey Todd, Not sure how the Apex plastic is but after I cut our plastic down the middle, I just drilled a couple holes across from one another and zip-tied it back tight. When you need to remove the plastic, snip the zip-tie.
Rocky

FISH ON!
11-21-2009, 07:05 AM
Thanks guys....... great advice. I was hoping someone with an APEX who has done this would respond. I'll probably give it a go since it makes cleaning and working on it much easier. I just found this PIC in the parts section and PM'd the owner to see how it worked for them.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/striperfishn/ApexTankCut.jpg

woodsracer22
11-21-2009, 07:23 AM
Cut ours like the pic above put a zip tie thought the 2 holes in front of the gas cap and it works great.

FISH ON!
11-21-2009, 04:19 PM
Great ....thanks!