PDA

View Full Version : motor for blaster frame

ukweasel
11-18-2009, 02:12 PM
does anyone know what motors, 2/4 stroke, motorcylce/atv that will fit a blaster frame without too many mods to the frame for motor mounts. fabricating radiator mounts shouldn't be a problem but i don't wanna mess with the other so does anyone have any suggestions? thanks in advance

mildtowildracin
12-06-2009, 05:20 PM
cr/yz 125 2 stroke. or maby crf 150/250 4 stroke. i gave a yz250f in mine and it didnt fit but we made it :devil: haha. hears a few pics.

mildtowildracin
12-06-2009, 05:21 PM

mildtowildracin
12-06-2009, 05:22 PM
3. all custom intake. had to cut the frame to make it fit. also had to make a smaller aluminus gas tank. the motor was 2 tall and hit the stock one

deathman53
12-06-2009, 05:40 PM
if you want a almost bolt-in motor, get a air-cooled yz400-490, the yz250 air-cooled also. Many would agree with me, the yz400 and yz465 is much preffered, yz490's never ran like they should. Also with the yz400-490, it will take a good looking to be able to tell that it has a different motor, the motor is just bigger than the stock blaster motor. Be aware, those are non-counter-balanced motors, you will need to balance the crank and rubber mount the motor to reduce vibration.

ukweasel
12-06-2009, 08:37 PM
That's an awesome blaster you got there, and thanks for the input. How would one go about balancing a non-counter-balanced crank? please forgive my ignorance, but how come atv cranks are that way and motorcylces are not?

deathman53
12-06-2009, 09:25 PM
most atv cranks aren't balanced either, most have a counter-balancer add-on to get rid off or minimize the vibrations. Most dirtbikes don't have a counter-balancer due to how the frame is designed and forks cancel the vibration. The only 4 wheeled atv motor that isn't counter-balanced is the banshee, the dual pistons do the counter-balancing. There were 3 wheeled atv motors that didn't have them either, namely tecate 3 and tri-z, you get the rarity's IE: tiger, can-am and tricky dicks. Those were the same as dirtbikes with vibration, the forks cancelled it out.

The reason why you balance the crank is the greatly reduce vibration, it doesn't get rid of it. The quad frame acts as like a tuning fork, it just magnifies vibration. Some guys put a heavy flywheel on dirtbike 2 stroke motors in atv frames, it further reduces vibrations.