PDA

View Full Version : Elka Steering Stabilizers (FYI)

rpkunkle
11-18-2009, 01:48 PM
FYI: Elka has sold off the steering stabilizer part of their company to Pro Moto Billet (866)466-4762. I was looking at getting a new steering stabilizer (Precision, Elka or CCP) and had a question regarding the Elka so I called and they wouldn't even answer a question about the System 3 or 5. I was advised to direct my question to the new company. Unfortunately the new folks aren't too familiar yet with the stabilizers and as such didn't offer much help. I ended up ordering a CCP, alot of the guys I ride with really like them and it was 3 times less money. And yes, I know the Precision is a better stabilizer.

godzilla
11-19-2009, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by rpkunkle
FYI: Elka has sold off the steering stabilizer part of their company to Pro Moto Billet (866)466-4762. I was looking at getting a new steering stabilizer (Precision, Elka or CCP) and had a question regarding the Elka so I called and they wouldn't even answer a question about the System 3 or 5. I was advised to direct my question to the new company. Unfortunately the new folks aren't too familiar yet with the stabilizers and as such didn't offer much help. I ended up ordering a CCP, alot of the guys I ride with really like them and it was 3 times less money. And yes, I know the Precision is a better stabilizer.

What was your question?

rpkunkle
11-19-2009, 08:42 AM
I was curious about the adjustability options and ranges of the System stabilizers so that I could weigh my choices.

godzilla
11-19-2009, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by rpkunkle
I was curious about the adjustability options and ranges of the System stabilizers so that I could weigh my choices.

The system 3 would have been your best and less expensive option. The system 5 is more geared for dirt bikes.

HIgh speed/ low speed compression and return to center is all you would have needed.

I am surprised that they couldn't answer that for you. Did you speak to customer service/ sales or did you end up on the phone with the receptionist or something? I have spoken to them in the past and they were more than nice to deal with.

rpkunkle
11-19-2009, 05:53 PM
The Elka folks wouldn't answer anything. I was referred to Pro Moto Billet and the guy I talked to there said he wasn't really familiar with quads or the Elka product yet. I'm going to try the CCP ad see how I like it but that doesn't mean I won't end up trying a Precision or the next best thing in the future. I just enjoy getting to rip around on the trails with friends and act like a kid again...

cosinostra
11-21-2009, 11:27 AM
If they sold that part of the company off, they probably aren't able to speak about that product anymore. Not that they were being dicks, just certain liabilities if the deal is still being worked out....
Scotts rocks......