PDA

View Full Version : Check out what my roommate is doing

Sjorge450R
11-18-2009, 07:30 AM
This kid is being ridiculous. First off. I live in an apartment style dorm. Two bedrooms, two bath living room and kitchen. Any way. I had 3 friends stay over Saturday night and we went out, had a good time and then came back at 1am. Not a big deal, the night is still young. Anyway, my roommate who lives in the bedroom with me was sleeping cause he has no life and doesnt even try to go out and do anything on the weekend and I guess when we were in the living room he woke up. Then my friend went into my room to go to the bathroom and my roommate was just standing in the dark with his arms folded when she came in.... (Creepy right?), then he waited for her to leave and continued standing there. Then that same girl went back into my room like half hour later to go to bed. When she went in, he was STILL standing there all creepy like. At this time its like 2am and again, like anyone knows, in college time thats like 10pm. So at that point both of the girls that were staying with me went into my room to sleep and then me, my other friend and my two other roommates were just in the living room talking and playing COD and then my roommate came out and stood against our kitchen table with his arms folded and didnt say a word but was acting like we just had a party in our room, yet we were all being respectful and not being loud.

To get to the point. He has been avoiding all three of us since saturday night. He leaves early in the morning so he doesnt have to get ready when i am and he comes back super late (1am). Monday night he even slept on the couch in our living room. This kid is overreacting and we all find it funny because we all see it as we didnt do anything. I mean if it were a week night we would under stand. Someone i talked too told me to tell me roommate to grow up, experience college and grow some balls because all he is doing now is making himself miserable.

Just wanted to let you know what kind of crazy **** i live with....lol

ridered11
11-18-2009, 07:43 AM
I could definitely understand why he's pissed if it were on a weekday. I have a roommate who thinks its hilarious to bring people in our dorm at 4am during the week while I'm trying to sleep for a test in the morning and make as much noise as possible to intentionally wake me up.

But on a weekend....no rules on a weekend. Unless he is sick or specifically asked you not to disturb him then its his problem.

Sjorge450R
11-18-2009, 07:47 AM
yea see. Thats how we work and that's like what we wrote on our roommate agreement forms that we are forced to fill out in the beginning of the year.

Also, this kid was my suite mate last year and was never like this.

ridered11
11-18-2009, 07:50 AM
I don't know give him a little space i guess. You never know what he's going through. Get him drunk and he'll probably forget about the whole thing.

Balaz_73*00
11-18-2009, 07:51 AM
Haha totally feel ya man..I had mad issues with my roomate last year, made for a long year

Sjorge450R
11-18-2009, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by ridered11
I don't know give him a little space i guess. You never know what he's going through. Get him drunk and he'll probably forget about the whole thing.

hahah. He has all the space in the world. He isnt even in the room for more than 2 hours a day and he only comes back when he knows that none of us are going to be here. Like i said. None of us think its a big deal because in reality, it wasnt.

destey
11-18-2009, 08:02 AM
i'd party with him. nothing mends rifts like a little partying

Sjorge450R
11-18-2009, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by destey
i'd party with him. nothing mends rifts like a little partying

see i would, but this kid WILL NOT party. He acts like its completly imorral to go out and have a good time. He just sits in the apartment all weekend long while the rest of us (my other 2 roommates and me) go out and have a good time. Of course he is going to be upset when we come back and he can here that we had a good time, but he will NEVER go out. The only time that he as actually ever gone out is when we went to a friends place, but it was just a little apartment with like 5 people there and the only reason he drank was because there was mikes hard lemonade......:o

BakerRacing40
11-18-2009, 08:13 AM
i know what you mean man, i've seen a few people that.. some people are just weird like that and the ones i seen lived in nasty gross *** rooms. and i know that several people had to hate us, every night basically we would party in some form and we'd be respectful and be quiet until we no longer had the ability to.. LOL

450rdr424
11-18-2009, 08:46 AM
Is it just me or did i read you had two girls in your room, and you didnt go join them? ...............anyways when i was in college i had a bad roommate and it does make for a long year.......i see no wrong doing especially on a weekend.......good luck

CannondaleRider
11-18-2009, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by 450rdr424
Is it just me or did i read you had two girls in your room, and you didnt go join them? ...............

I'm with this guy. lol

But, makes me love my roommates. Never a complaint. There was times where we had the cash to have the biggest parties that house could handle, every day of the week, for weeks. Unhealthy as all get out! YES. But not a single one of us would ever NOT be down for it. Miss those days, good times for sure. ha.

Good luck with your goofy roommate.

Quad18star
11-18-2009, 10:28 AM
Juat remember that not all people go to college to party every weekend. Some people have had hectic weeks and want to just chill out on weekends and get some rest.

In my opinion , if I lived in a dorm with others , I wouldn't be bringing people over .... that's how other roomates stuff gets broken or stolen. Go party at someone's place who lives alone.

Sjorge450R
11-18-2009, 11:34 AM
first off, on the girls...they are practically my girlfriends best friends...if i had no girlfriend on the other hand...lol

anyway. As for stuff getting broken. We were in the living room as mentioned and i don't have douchebag friends that steal/break chit.

On the hectic week. This kid legit has no work, never does work and if he did I would understand. I understand that he doesnt want to drink and that doesnt bother me, but this kid does NOTHING on the weekend. Theres some times when eh goes to bed at 10pm friday and saturday, just so he can wake up at 7am to do laundry:huh

Like i said before, i lived with this kid last year in the same suite and pretty much the same stuff happened and he never got mad...idk. At this point he is only making himself miserable.

ben300
11-18-2009, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
Like i said before, i lived with this kid last year in the same suite and pretty much the same stuff happened and he never got mad...idk. At this point he is only making himself miserable.

have you ever thought about maybe sitting down and talking to him about teh situation and about how you two could remedy this problem that your in instead of coming on here and complaining about him...

i was in the same situation as you my sophomore year of college, i lived with a random guy in a suite like yours, that by happened to be from the far north eastern side of PA(we go to school in erie), and never hd the opportunity to go home...and i pretty much did the same thing as you, went out on weekends, had friends over alot, but they were 99% of the time were respectful...and we got along for the most part, how ever, both of our personallities were polar opposites and did not truly mesh very well, and over time, we grew to dislike each other....

then one day i had some friends over, and he left the room to go to dinner with his g/f, which was his usual routine. we had a little party adn he even came back adn kinda hung with us for a bit, before joining her again, well one of my fiends ate a package of his poptarts after he left. this was basically the staw the broke the cammesl hump, i did not see him the rest of the week( that night adn then friday) and i went home for th weekend. i got back the next week and he woudl not talk to me and avoided me like the plauge...

finally i had to be the bigger man, sit down with him, adn talked to him and worked out our differences so that way livign with him for the remaing month and a half of school would not be unbairable..

so maybe, adn im not jumping on your case, maybe you should sit down and talk to him, see whast bothing him and see what you two can do to work it out. i understand you like have fun, as i did too, but other ppl may not have the same feelings, and he may jsut be getting sick of it.....

so good luck, i hope you get things worked out

bens250ex
11-18-2009, 01:40 PM
i wish you were my roomate and brought girls home lol. ......no reason for this to act this way...i room with my bro.....it sucks he is in a long distance relationship and all he does is talk to his g/f in the gayest voice i have ever heard in my life!!!!! thats all he does!!!! and to top it off she is so fugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we are at a university for cryin out loud there is fine girls everywhere!!!!! but im not single sooooo im out of the game

One_Bad_400
11-18-2009, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by bens250ex
i wish you were my roomate and brought girls home lol. ......no reason for this to act this way...i room with my bro.....it sucks he is in a long distance relationship and all he does is talk to his g/f in the gayest voice i have ever heard in my life!!!!! thats all he does!!!! and to top it off she is so fugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we are at a university for cryin out loud there is fine girls everywhere!!!!! but im not single sooooo im out of the game

benny, you crack me up. always checkin out the other girls. i must be one of them losers, my college night consist of passed out by 10:30 after i watch Family Guy. If i partied this place would be nice! but... i dont. Heber Springs is Meth Central of America! Pot is more common then Cigs. Alcohol is like water! :chinese:

tayyo789
11-18-2009, 03:17 PM
believe it or not, Meth Central is in Medford Oregon, aka methford. theres at least one meth house per block, its really bad. cops arrest more people for meth than anything else here. but i have a roommate like that. he always wakes up super early so he wants "LIGHTS OUT AND SILENCE every night so he can sleep, cuz he has to wake up early, and i dont" im a pretty tolerant guy though and just say whatever and deal with it. hes gone all day, so i get my time then.

slightlybent47
11-18-2009, 03:32 PM
You are using this forum to discuss something with the general public instead of sitting down with him and talking to him like a man about it. You are talking crap about someone behind there back. What dose this say about you?
Respect your room mate like you want him to respect you. He may have a good reason for the way he feels. Stop bashing him on here and go talk to him.

Sjorge450R
11-18-2009, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by slightlybent47
You are using this forum to discuss something with the general public instead of sitting down with him and talking to him like a man about it. You are talking crap about someone behind there back. What dose this say about you?
Respect your room mate like you want him to respect you. He may have a good reason for the way he feels. Stop bashing him on here and go talk to him.

the reason i posted it on here is because I have been talking to a lot of these guys for over 4 years now and I just wanted to see what they thought.

If you understood my roommmate you would understand why i cant just talk to him. If i tried to talk to him all he would say is nothing is bothering me and then he would just walk away and try to work on something. No matter how long/hard you try, you wont get anythign out of it.

250x_kyle
11-18-2009, 03:41 PM
hook him up with one of your gf's friends maybe that what he needs lol.

MX MaNiAc 06
11-18-2009, 05:51 PM
I've had some bad room mates. I'm moving out of my townhouse in the next couple of weeks. I'm moving in with a random assortment of people who don't talk to eachother much. The house is always quiet. Should be great for me. I love to drink and party but living in the house that the drinking and partying goes on gets really annoying and disgusting.

ben300
11-18-2009, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
I've had some bad room mates. I'm moving out of my townhouse in the next couple of weeks. I'm moving in with a random assortment of people who don't talk to eachother much. The house is always quiet. Should be great for me. I love to drink and party but living in the house that the drinking and partying goes on gets really annoying and disgusting.

completely agreed.....

yellowzo3
11-18-2009, 08:31 PM
I've always wondered how many people actually DO get along with their roomies. Most people I know have moved a couple times because they couldn't stand their roommates. They all ended up moving to apartments with a bunch of friends they met at college. I usually don't stay up super late, but if your away at college thats just part of the experience. Sounds like all your friends are respectable so maybe hes just been having a bad week :confused: ...have a talk with him or ask him if he wants to grab something to eat and maybe he'll come around or you can figure out whats wrong.

BTW- you should be glad he wakes up at 7 to do his laundry. I've heard some stories of peoples roomies that never even clean their clothes lol.

destey
11-19-2009, 07:25 AM
Dishes in the sink that no one says are theirs caused the most problems for me.

buck440
11-19-2009, 11:28 AM
get him this and maby he will forgive you. http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/ads/1473213554.html

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/ads/1473212256.html

Sjorge450R
11-19-2009, 11:35 AM
considering the kind of person he is, last night i came back from Center City Philadelphia and magically everything was better....oh well. I told you guys he handles things wierd...lol

bens250ex
11-19-2009, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400
benny, you crack me up. always checkin out the other girls. i must be one of them losers, my college night consist of passed out by 10:30 after i watch Family Guy. If i partied this place would be nice! but... i dont. Heber Springs is Meth Central of America! Pot is more common then Cigs. Alcohol is like water! :chinese:

lol and full of inbreeds eh??? lol any hotties over in ole heber???

MX MaNiAc 06
11-19-2009, 03:42 PM
My last room mate was a manic bi-polar. He would take adderall and stay up for 2-3 days straight then crash for like 36 hours. It was the weirdest thing. He wasn't that hard to get along with but he was F'in weird. He would sleep through class at 5:30pm. He was also obsessed with star wars.

One_Bad_400
11-19-2009, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by bens250ex
lol and full of inbreeds eh??? lol any hotties over in ole heber???

if one brown snaggle tooth is your babe then there here by the truck loads

Pappy
11-19-2009, 04:16 PM
Sounds to me, the roommate was jealous and wanted some quality time with Steve:devil:

TRXman86
11-23-2009, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
Sounds to me, the roommate was jealous and wanted some quality time with Steve:devil:

Where is the little puking smiley :D

You can have him removed as a room mate can't you? If he isn't getting along with anyone, and is a pain in the arse (specially if he's standing in the john waiting on ya girl to show up... AWKWARD!!!) I'd put his butt out for sure!!!