PDA

View Full Version : Quick fix?

Ryan'07400ex
11-17-2009, 04:23 PM
Hey guys Im going to harlan the weekend after thanksgiving. My skid plate sucks the side under the rotor is "hanging" and then the side under the sprocket has a chunk taken out. Is there any way I can fix it for to days of trail riding or should I go ahead and order the GT Thunder skid? Im just wondering how fast the shipping is.

My stock tires are getting kinda bald do you think I could put studs in em? Only thing is you can ride in the city (which is on blacktop) so it might screw em up. What you think.

I'd really wait and get new tires and hipers together instead of having to change them twice and I don't wanna run new tires one times and leaving sitting the rest of winter. Id like to save my money on the skid until next seaon cause this should be the last bigger ride until spring.

If no good "fix" ill just go hide the hills faster and dodge as much as I can like usual and hope I don't break anything

Thanks

rob_990
11-17-2009, 05:52 PM
you could bend the skid plate back to its original shape or weld it or just be carefull and avoid rocks and stuff. i wouldnt put studs in the tires especially if your gonna be riding on pavement

Ryan'07400ex
11-17-2009, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by rob_990
you could bend the skid plate back to its original shape or weld it or just be carefull and avoid rocks and stuff. i wouldnt put studs in the tires especially if your gonna be riding on pavement

Its the stock plastic one so i couldn't weld... but they made wme think of trying a zip tie stich up. im leaning toward no on the studs just seeing what everyone else would say.
Thanks