PDA

View Full Version : should i buy it?

monkeydude36020
11-17-2009, 12:48 PM
I dont know anything about polaris, but I have heard they make good 4x4s and I have a killer deal in front of me. My boss has a 99 500 sportsman he wants to sell me for $250. You heard it... 250 bucks! He hasnt rode it much cause he bought it broke and its not really ridable. The rear cv axle boots are broke and one of them is locked up and grinds really bad. Other than that the only known problems is that its really dirty and it needs a battery. Appears to have high hours, riddin by a young kid... But plastic isnt broke and the fame isnt all rusted out, its just really dirty and could use some general maintinence. And I cant hear it run where it sits, hence the dead battery, and he brooke the pull start rope after 5 or 6 times of starting it. He guarenteed the engine and transmission to be 100% good, no funny noises, idles good, bla bla bla. He said if I get a battery in it and it doesnt run right he will give me my $250 back.

So about how much am I going to spend on axles? And What else should I check out before I ride it? Like I said, I know nothing about a polaris, and not much about 4x4s in general. I ride a 400ex... So this is a whole different machine than Im use to working on.