PDA

View Full Version : SixSixOne DROID

QuadJunkies
11-17-2009, 10:57 AM
Anyone plan on geting one of these soon? Id like to hear some feedback on it as I am always on the search for something for my Daughter since she has a clavical plate now. Its hard to find anything of comfort .

JParisi48
11-17-2009, 12:35 PM
i just saw that the other day, if i didnt already buy a leatt, i would have bought that, i think it is an awesome idea, and its also hundreds cheaper than a leatt.

spanky101
11-17-2009, 01:17 PM
They look like a nice item for sure but all depends how comfortable it is on your daughter. I'll be purchasing one of the new alpinestars one, same features just not carbon fiber which doesn't matter since it'll be getting covered in spasstic graphics anyways :blah:

ATVMX33
11-17-2009, 01:26 PM
ive been waiting for that to come out..i probably will get one in the spring for next season

dehner47
11-17-2009, 01:45 PM
i actually was just coming on here to show the new "droid" you beat me to it :grr:

they do look like a great alternative to the leatt, bionic, or the EVS. makes it alot easier and cheaper to only have one piece of equipment instead of 2 pieces that sometimes dont fit right together. i def will buy one of those just to have it. what better way to get people who dont ride to have to wear one. cause i have a few friends who refuse to wear one of my neck braces when they go riding with me. cause they think leatt's and EVS's are for racers or they dont need one cause they weekend warriors and arent riding fast. or cause there just plain ugly. whatever there exuse is. if they wanna ride and borrow stuff, they gonna get the one with the neck brace built in. hey, better safe then sorry right??

QuadJunkies
11-17-2009, 01:57 PM
I'm all for safety for sure... But once you have had a severe clavical break the game changes abit. She now has hardware there and is now painful to wear and can cause more problems on the old injury. I would like to get my hands on one of these and test it out .

JR3
11-17-2009, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by dehner47
i actually was just coming on here to show the new "droid" you beat me to it :grr:

they do look like a great alternative to the leatt, bionic, or the EVS. makes it alot easier and cheaper to only have one piece of equipment instead of 2 pieces that sometimes dont fit right together. i def will buy one of those just to have it. what better way to get people who dont ride to have to wear one. cause i have a few friends who refuse to wear one of my neck braces when they go riding with me. cause they think leatt's and EVS's are for racers or they dont need one cause they weekend warriors and arent riding fast. or cause there just plain ugly. whatever there exuse is. if they wanna ride and borrow stuff, they gonna get the one with the neck brace built in. hey, better safe then sorry right??

just give me ur leatt ***** u dont ride enuff to use it ! but i will probably buy one of theses looks way more comfortable then a leatt and a chest protector

motofreak2772
11-17-2009, 03:32 PM
It should have a saftey release incase of injury and it needs to be removed. I dont know why they didnt have one built in it would be super easy(just have the shoulder un-buckle).

EDIT: also no adjustments...

KXRida
11-17-2009, 10:06 PM
I saw the prototype quite a few months back and haven't really given it much thought. Looks overall like a pretty good design. Anyone hear a price yet? I just bought a new Astars brace and probably picking up a TLD protector, so I won't be buying one anytime soon.... hopefully.

TrapZ400
11-17-2009, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by KXRida
I saw the prototype quite a few months back and haven't really given it much thought. Looks overall like a pretty good design. Anyone hear a price yet? I just bought a new Astars brace and probably picking up a TLD protector, so I won't be buying one anytime soon.... hopefully.
motosport is selling them for $289.99

QuadJunkies
11-18-2009, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by motofreak2772
It should have a saftey release incase of injury and it needs to be removed. I dont know why they didnt have one built in it would be super easy(just have the shoulder un-buckle).

EDIT: also no adjustments...
I didnt notice that part. No adjustments?

Blizzard24
11-18-2009, 07:30 AM
*Adjustable EZ-entry neck halo allows rider movement yet prevents support from hyperextension and possibility of a neck injury.
*Neck halo is fully adjustable to fine tuned to differnet rider sizes and comfort.

TrapZ400
11-18-2009, 09:07 AM
I would definitely buy it if I didnt have my leatt already.

dehner47
11-18-2009, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by JR3
just give me ur leatt ***** u dont ride enuff to use it ! but i will probably buy one of theses looks way more comfortable then a leatt and a chest protector

nope. will never get rid of my leatt. hell JR, you know i dont even ride my klx110 with out it on. and trust me bro, the leatt isn't that uncomfertable. thought it was gonna be at first, but love it now.

see, yall made fun of me for wearing one even when trail riding on the 110, but whos jumped/trying to jump on my nuts now??? :devil:

QuadJunkies
11-18-2009, 11:00 AM
Im going to give them a buzz today and ask them a little bit about the Droid and see if I cant get my hands on one to test out.

motofreak2772
11-18-2009, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Blizzard24
*Adjustable EZ-entry neck halo allows rider movement yet prevents support from hyperextension and possibility of a neck injury.
*Neck halo is fully adjustable to fine tuned to differnet rider sizes and comfort.
Oh ok so it does have some adjustments but it doesnt look that adjustable. The EZ entry is just to get it on but if you were in a crash you would have to remove the whole thing to get it off. Other neck braces can be removed a lot easier without having to move your neck around.

TrapZ400
11-18-2009, 02:09 PM
Heres some more views
http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/product/SIXSIXONE-DROID-PROTECTOR/?catalogId=116646#TB_inline&height=510&width=810&inlineId=flashObject

QuadJunkies
11-19-2009, 12:19 AM
When you think about it, the industry had come along long ways over the years in protective gear. :)

sunco
11-19-2009, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
When you think about it, the industry had come along long ways over the years in protective gear. :)

Now they need to make something to protect us from idiots :devil:

dehner47
11-19-2009, 08:32 AM

they def have. but hell, over the past year the indudusty has grown leaps and bounds in the protection department. even helmets and knee braces are starting to become cheaper in price as the quality of the protucts go up. its a great time to be in the sport. well, besides the economy. and to be honest with ya, just like the most of yall, the economy aint stoppin me from enjoying the sport i grew up around:D

dehner47
11-19-2009, 08:32 AM

they def have. but hell, over the past year the indudusty has grown leaps and bounds in the protection department. even helmets and knee braces are starting to become cheaper in price as the quality of the protucts go up. its a great time to be in the sport. well, besides the economy. and to be honest with ya, just like the most of yall, the economy aint stoppin me from enjoying the sport i grew up around:D

QuadJunkies
11-19-2009, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by sunco
Now they need to make something to protect us from idiots :devil:

you mean like a bubble? haha!

GIVE EM TIME! :p

ds450racer
11-19-2009, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by spanky101
They look like a nice item for sure but all depends how comfortable it is on your daughter. I'll be purchasing one of the new alpinestars one, same features just not carbon fiber which doesn't matter since it'll be getting covered in spasstic graphics anyways :blah:
Is there anywhere i can see some pics of the spastic graphics for the astar neckbrace, Ive looked everywhere but cant find any grapgics kits for them.

spanky101
11-19-2009, 01:25 PM
Send an email to Kurt from spastic an he will tell you what he charges and whatnot. I haven't seen pictures that I can remember but whatever Kurt designs looks great and is a good product.

sunco
11-19-2009, 04:37 PM
I still have the foam EVs brace. Nic got a nice one for 300?, I liked that and now this came along. Maybe its a good ill ask Santa to get me one. I'm riding less this year because of two things. Money and the son got his riding privileges squashed till Jan 1
Yeah I'm sad about it to.keepin my fingers cross for 2010,

mkh155
11-21-2009, 06:56 PM
I just ordered one from motosport,but does anyone have any experience with these yet,If not I should have it mid December and will post up my own review of it.

motofreak2772
11-22-2009, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by mkh155
I just ordered one from motosport,but does anyone have any experience with these yet,If not I should have it mid December and will post up my own review of it.
You'll probably be one of the first to have it.

mkh155
11-22-2009, 05:14 PM
Ya,The guy at motosport said that.Hopefully it works as good as it looks.Now that I think about it I probably should have bought a black one considering all my gear is white.I'm gonna look a friggin stormtrooper next year:o :D

TNT
11-22-2009, 05:16 PM
Anyone plan on geting one of these soon? Id like to hear some feedback on it as I am always on the search for something for my Daughter since she has a clavical plate now. Its hard to find anything of comfort .

You might want to get a better understanding of how the Leatte works so you can make an accurate comparison to trust this product for your daughter.

Read the test info here: http://www.leatt-brace.com/gpx_testing.html:

BMW has done extensive testing since this product made its debut, back then a company over in Africa did it. The dummy and computer models BMW use are accurate, and we’ve seen several years of field testing to back this product with good crash reports.

Main feature I don't see on 661 besides their lack of test data is the fracture feature that prevents cervical spine injuries. 661 states, “whereas the Droid disperses energy throughout the entire protector.” Exactly what will cause spine injury if there is not a built in fracture point, that takes extensive testing and R&D money that’s why this product cost less. You always get what you pay for.

I’ll stick w/the Leatte!

:D

You need any help with the web info, testing, computer model claims, design features just ask.....

mkh155
11-22-2009, 05:31 PM
Personally I have seen multiple wrecks that the leatte saved someone from severe injury,and I've seen leatte caused injuries.There is no doubt that the Leatt is an incredible safety device.I am just looking for an alternative.

TNT
11-22-2009, 05:47 PM
Well I dunno about this 661...who was it CVS and others try to get the cost down and fool people into something as good as the Leatte. The Leatte or no protection device will be 100% effective in preventing injuries, what you are mainly concerned about is whip lash and spine injuries.

If you look at the back of 661 from what I can tell unless you can show me a better pic, is there is still a blade back there that puts load into the spine. If that blade is not designed to break at some point then it will not protect against spine injuries.

Now lets think about what it takes to predetermine a fracture point in a molded plastic. The answer is lots of trial and error and man hours of R&D and testing, which brings the cost up to us.

So unless you can find some test data on the 661 from an independant company such as BMW you will be the first dummy to test it for them....and I don't mean that literally, not calling you a dummy. I just think there should be laws in place that require companies to test these products by American standards (including Leatte was my concern when it first came out) and put them on a website.

mkh155
11-22-2009, 06:04 PM
No I am a dummy,haha.But I hope I never have to find out how well it works.

XXX -rider
11-22-2009, 06:30 PM
Tina ,.. & others spend a few minutes reading about the "Eject System"

http://www.shockdoctor.com/product/eject-automotorcycle-emergency-helmet-removal-kit.aspx

TNT
11-22-2009, 07:13 PM
I remember another product like that about a year ago, I talked to the designer extensively. It looks pretty good, problem is not all ERT's will have the bladder. You have to buy it too and inform the ERT before the race(or give it to them and not forget it) you have one installed since some tracks will not let you(family, friend) on the track.

I think it's well worth the effort telling the ERT prior to the race. I know alot of them are trained to stabilze the neck and spine before removing the helmet, but you'd think this could not hurt and help get it off.

QuadJunkies
11-22-2009, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by TNT
You might want to get a better understanding of how the Leatte works so you can make an accurate comparison to trust this product for your daughter.

A Leatte does no good if you cant wear it . Not everyone can wear them after a severe clavical break and was actually advised to not use one. Some of the braces that are out there set on the clavical or put pressure on it and causes discomfort if you have metal holding it together.
We actually DO have a Leatte, my son races with one, I dont need to know whats good about the Leatte. I was wanting to get more information on others that are avail.
the Droid is something new and it looked interesting and we all like to hear about new products.

QuadJunkies
11-22-2009, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by XXX -rider
Tina ,.. & others spend a few minutes reading about the "Eject System"

http://www.shockdoctor.com/product/eject-automotorcycle-emergency-helmet-removal-kit.aspx

Thats pretty cool!

eastside 400
11-22-2009, 08:01 PM
i would check out the new cheaper alpinestars, i love mine, i have the more expensive one bc i got it last year but the new one is the same but not carbon. i like it because it doesnt transfer force to your colar bone, you pretty much have to wear a under jersey protector though

QuadJunkies
11-22-2009, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by eastside 400
you pretty much have to wear a under jersey protector though

I dont think she will dig that :p .Thats what I liked about the droid. I did actually look into that one last season but I need to still find a place locally that I can have her try that one on.

So far that one seems to be the best option, now I just need to find someone who has one locally so that she can try it on for comfort. :)

to think how we all done it all those years before all these became avail. :p
Im sure it would take a great deal of time and expense but it would be cool to see injury results statistics someday .

motofreak2772
11-22-2009, 08:28 PM
What he meant by knowing how one works is that in order for it to prevent injury it is designed to break... If the droid has not been designed to do that than it will probably not provide the same protection as other neck braces. If it does have those features I wonder how much it costs for replacement back pieces.

QuadJunkies
11-22-2009, 08:36 PM
What he meant by knowing how one works is that in order for it to prevent injury it is designed to break... If the droid has not been designed to do that than it will probably not provide the same protection as other neck braces. If it does have those features I wonder how much it costs for replacement back pieces.

I know what he meant, I just want it known this Leatte is not an option .
We really dont know what its been tested and designed for until SixSixOne has been interviewed. I think it would be good and not to assume anything just yet . SixSix One had a ton of great protective products.

Im not debating, I simply wanted to ask others about this product since its new and having a variety of products on the market to select from I think is always good for the consumer -as so long as the product is safe. ;)

QuadJunkies
11-22-2009, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by mkh155
Now that I think about it I probably should have bought a black one considering all my gear is white.I'm gonna look a friggin stormtrooper next year:o :D

LOL! :p
Def. let us know how you like it .

mkh155
11-23-2009, 05:27 PM
LOL! :p
Def. let us know how you like it . I will asap

XXX -rider
12-03-2009, 06:17 PM
heres something else I ran across ..check it out

http://www.omegabrace.com/

QuadJunkies
12-03-2009, 06:36 PM
You'll probably be one of the first to have it. was this a pre order ? They told me its not avail. Until March .

Honda5
12-11-2009, 04:59 AM
661 put up pictures of some of there concepts a few years ago and I have been watching for them to get them on the market. I have tried the leatt and the evs and neither fits me good. I like the idea of it being one piece. Now don't go bashing this thing just wait a few years and leatt, alpinestars,evs and the others will catch up and make one like this and then you can say I the better one.

dehner47
12-11-2009, 07:51 AM
i also think alot of helmet companies are gonna jump on this idea and start producing helmets with a fin style neck brace built it. i feel in a few years, neck braces are gonna be a manditory piece of equipment. especially if the gear companies get there way. will be another way of making riders buy more gear. i'm all for it. but just gonna suck for the parents with 3 kids that ride and are struggling to get them to the races in the first place.

but i guess you really cant put a price tag on you or your childs safety.

JIM GRACE
12-11-2009, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by dehner47
but i guess you really cant put a price tag on you or your childs safety.

qj hopefully it's a solution for that shoulder.

QuadJunkies
12-11-2009, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by JIM GRACE

qj hopefully it's a solution for that shoulder.

Thanks! Im sure there is a few riders out there that have the same problem .
Looks like we will have to wait until spring to hear more . :(

coryatver
12-11-2009, 11:17 AM
Do real dr's recommend wearing these neck braces? Im not sold on getting one. From the design it looks like they could actually cuase a more serious injury wearing one than not. The spinal injury will just happen higher up and when that happens you don't just loose movement from the waist down you loose everything

300ex_#387
12-11-2009, 11:27 AM
I would reccomend using a neckbrace. I had a bad crash this past summer that I believe if I wasn't wearing my leatte I would be seriously injured. I cased a finish line double at a SX style race and went right over the bars head first into the ground. My helmet hit first pushing my head back into my leatte and the force was so great the carbon fiber peice that goes down your back on the leatte snapped in half. I don't remember the wreck at all but from people who did see it they told me my nexk/body was twisted really far back and they thought I either snapped my neck or broke my back.

You can see in this picture where that peice isnt connected anymore.

300ex_#387
12-11-2009, 11:30 AM
My helmet. The front peice that goes around your moth actually caved in and hit me in the face. They thought I was coughing up blood till they figured out that the helmet actually caused the blood in my mouth. My goggles lenses actually came out of the goggles. I litterally went head first into the ground.

ATVMX33
12-11-2009, 11:39 AM
ouch....

my last helmet had two pieces broken out of the bottom from banging into my crossbar pad when i way over shot a jump...i broke a few teeth too

XXX -rider
12-11-2009, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by coryatver
Do real dr's recommend wearing these neck braces? Im not sold on getting one. From the design it looks like they could actually cuase a more serious injury wearing one than not. The spinal injury will just happen higher up and when that happens you don't just loose movement from the waist down you loose everything

:eek: do more research ,& please post about something yo actually know something about ,good luck

madskrillz2
12-11-2009, 04:18 PM
Haha WOW. I was about to get on here and ask if anybody had seen it yet. Guess so. This will definitely be on my Christmas list

coryatver
12-12-2009, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by XXX -rider
:eek: do more research ,& please post about something yo actually know something about ,good luck

I have done research. And I found nothing that says dr's recommend wearing them. And I don't trust the manufactures web sites as a good source of info. I posted hoping someone would have more info and proof that these neck braces actually help. I am just worried that it will cuase more injuries and actually be more dangerous wearing one.

Im just wondering if these companies actually design these products from testing and serious research and development along side Medical Doctors or do they just make a brace and say it works? Im not going to put something around my neck unless im sure it is something that will help me.

madskrillz2
12-12-2009, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by coryatver
I have done research. And I found nothing that says dr's recommend wearing them. And I don't trust the manufactures web sites as a good source of info. I posted hoping someone would have more info and proof that these neck braces actually help. I am just worried that it will cuase more injuries and actually be more dangerous wearing one.

Im just wondering if these companies actually design these products from testing and serious research and development along side Medical Doctors or do they just make a brace and say it works? Im not going to put something around my neck unless im sure it is something that will help me.

How do you figure it would cause more injuries? I know several people that have had horrific crashes with a neck brace. Had they not had them they would probably be in a wheel chair or dead.

extremeblastr
12-12-2009, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
How do you figure it would cause more injuries? I know several people that have had horrific crashes with a neck brace. Had they not had them they would probably be in a wheel chair or dead.

what he's worried about is the potential for some of these cheaper neckbraces to cause the spinal injury to occur higher up then where the theoretical injury would have occured resulting in the loss of more movement then the theoretical injury would have caused. neckbraces are a great idea and a must have for any racer but i would do my research and really pay attention before purchasing one.

madskrillz2
12-12-2009, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
what he's worried about is the potential for some of these cheaper neckbraces to cause the spinal injury to occur higher up then where the theoretical injury would have occured resulting in the loss of more movement then the theoretical injury would have caused. neckbraces are a great idea and a must have for any racer but i would do my research and really pay attention before purchasing one.

Oh I gotcha.

ATVMX33
02-25-2010, 11:49 AM
so what ever happened with the droid? cant find them for sale

66gt40
02-26-2010, 08:28 PM
I would not recomend the droid. A good freind of mine works for 661 and he says the droid straight up sucks. They have no r&d put into it. Its a gimmick.

motohanks
02-26-2010, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by 66gt40
I would not recomend the droid. A good freind of mine works for 661 and he says the droid straight up sucks. They have no r&d put into it. Its a gimmick.
does he have any experience with the Rogue under jersey protector. I ordered one back on January 1st, but it's apparently on back-order now and I'm wondering if I should cancel my order or see about getting a different 661 protector, like the core saver. I want an under jersey one, but I'm also considering the Thor Sentinel.

Honda5
02-27-2010, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by 66gt40

where does he your friend work? and do you have a way I can get in touch with him?