PDA

View Full Version : CDI box are they worth the money

no67va
11-16-2009, 10:42 PM
Is It worth the money to change the stock cdi box to a aftermarket one . and If so what one . thanks I have a 06 yfz thanks.

BakerRacing40
11-19-2009, 03:57 AM
the way i see it is when your hittin the stock rev limiter your already way past your peak of your curve, so why abuse your engine that extra 1000 rpm? i just don't see how to justify over any mods you could do with the money that the rev box would cost and be more efficient and reliable... just my thinking on the subject, i've never used an aftermarket box on a yfz so i can't say def no but in my head i can't do it..

ldjbuff
11-19-2009, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by BakerRacing40
the way i see it is when your hittin the stock rev limiter your already way past your peak of your curve, so why abuse your engine that extra 1000 rpm? i just don't see how to justify over any mods you could do with the money that the rev box would cost and be more efficient and reliable... just my thinking on the subject, i've never used an aftermarket box on a yfz so i can't say def no but in my head i can't do it..

I agree 100%

Ride1Rob
11-19-2009, 11:11 AM
Those 1000 more rpms isn't going to be the failure of your motor. It can make a built motor perform much better as it's helping to maximize the added mods. Also, finding the best curve to suit your motor setup is the best thing about them. I'm speaking in terms of programmable cdi's. YES they are worth it!

csr250r
11-19-2009, 01:11 PM
My friend put one on his honda 450r and he swears up and down by it. I think he has a dyna.